Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #511
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegod2x View Post
$500 and there is no light in the base or chest?
They had to have forgotten to mention it. No way it doesn't light up. That would be an epic fail.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #512
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm thinking maybe they're saving some of that reveal for the PO on Thursday just like they saved the lit up lightsaber from showing it in the video until today's pics. Just like they'll reveal he has a head you can rotate, but they didn't mention that today.

At least, that's what I'm hoping.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #513
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Looking at it, but I really see pitch black. Aren't there any higher res pictures?
I recall that Asajj had her right heel lifted and you could see it in the promo pics even if it was really hidden by the dark of her skirt.
But those were the good ol' times of the zoom function
When I get on my mac I can lighten it up but I can't from my work computer.

Here. Best I could do:

marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:34 PM   #514
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
That's the way I see it, too. He already looks great here with a 'cut off' base.

At this angle with a turned head.. Looks great and I will PO.. It's not perfect... But it is in that shot at that angle.

Quote:
That's not what I meant, when you're moving down stairs, you start leaning your torso ahead only when one of your feet (the one in the back) is lifted from the step.
That prevents you from tripping ahead.
It's not IMPOSSIBLE to be in that stance, it's just unnatural.
Of course, if you like it, there's nothing wrong. I just don't feel it and it's one of the (many) reasons I'd rather skip this one.
I think it's suppose to represent a moment in time... We can look off balance and strange in photographs... Having said that.. I don't think it translates well to statues.. It looks like Vader is getting ready to fly LOL... But I like the way it looks overall..

I could care less about light up chest.. I had the original Vader and I would say I used the light up feature on that for approximately 3 min total over the 4 years I owned it.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #515
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
When I get on my mac I can lighten it up but I can't from my work computer.

Here. Best I could do:

Ugh, can't really tell from that. But appreciate the effort, mate. Hopefully you're right and the PO page will have more details + light up shown.
Also, isn't it strange that the lightsaber is fully lit? I thought that the LED lighting only allowed for partial light up (with the tip of the blade left unlit).
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:40 PM   #516
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Everyone who is clamoring for light up features seems to forget that once they fail and there is a fair chance they will, Sideshow provides no provisions to get them repaired. You are SOL.

I prefer that Sideshow do away with their light up features entirely until they come up with a way to repair them when they fail.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:47 PM   #517
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Ugh, can't really tell from that. But appreciate the effort, mate. Hopefully you're right and the PO page will have more details + light up shown.
Also, isn't it strange that the lightsaber is fully lit? I thought that the LED lighting only allowed for partial light up (with the tip of the blade left unlit).
Its not led anymore. Not sure what you call it. It's like the Shaak Ti and the blue woman (I can't believe I don't remember her name. Starts with "A") statue where the entire lights up. Pretty bright too.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #518
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Its not led anymore. Not sure what you call it. It's like the Shaak Ti and the blue woman (I can't believe I don't remember her name. Starts with "A") statue where the entire lights up. Pretty bright too.
those are cold cathode ... and her name is AAyla Secura
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #519
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Huh?
Not sure where you're seeing a lifted heel:

His right foot is the rear foot. Motion should start from there. He should move the foot ahead, lift it from the ground while leaning ahead with the torso, then place the foot on the following step.
In the picture the foot is clearly fully placed on the step.
His right foot is off the heal and most of his weight is on the left foot. It looks to me like he is walking or stepping up the stairs not down.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:08 PM   #520
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Looks better for sure but something about the helmet looks off...better than the last PF but something is not quiet right. Much better angles for sure though.
Yeah I think the helmet is off too. Looks like their 12 inch Vader. I think it's because Vader's helmet should be 2 tone color, silver and black.

The suit details look great.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote