Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #881
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Ok this screwed up my otherwise good work day at work thinking about what will happen if this came broken. The box in person is even worst than the pic. It actually punched into the styrofoam by a inch or two. What the hell did this? Dropping these xm boxes won't cause this kind of damage. The brown shipper was just as bad and destroyed on two sides. ... ok so I got home and finally opened the box tonight.
I opened the box and the top items were fine. No breakage on any of the little parts and spear was fine just popped out of the styro a bit forward out of the tape. The second part is the base and statue. The foam got punched in so far that I had to try to stretch it to get BB out. It was pushing against the statues arms super tight. So I inspected each piece and I'm shocked that nothing was broken. Wow! With this kind of abuse to the box nothing broken! Whew this screwed up my day thinking about it but now all the weight is gone. I still can't imagine what it will take to cause this kind of damage. Maybe a huge tractor ran over it? Or a car hit it? Dropping it won't cause this. Thanks xm for this kind of packaging! This was the ultimate test on the packing and it worked liked a charm this time. Feel so good now. Who cares about the black box and shipper. Lol

Statue is amazing so much better in person. Base is massive! Love all the extras xm included. It's like 2 different statues and poses!

Next one coming is Thor in s day or so. I bet the box will be smashed up as well. But I feel better now nothing was broken. Hope Thor will be the same arriving safely at least inside. Lol
Happy to see Black Bolt is in excellent shape. The black box XM ships their statues in are very important IMO. Its what helps make the presentation of the whole thing amazing. Plus it holds the extras. Maybe see if you can partially fix the dings and what not.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #882
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Happy to see Black Bolt is in excellent shape. The black box XM ships their statues in are very important IMO. Its what helps make the presentation of the whole thing amazing. Plus it holds the extras. Maybe see if you can partially fix the dings and what not.
I agree but I'm outta luck on the box coming from so far away. The box can't be fixed it's destroyed. It can still fit the things overall but presentation of the box is gone. I tried to push it but it will just make it worst if it fall apart. no replacements if I'm not living in Singapore next to a xm store. But I'm so happy the statue didnt have one single piece broken inside after that insane abuse. Btw Thor arrived this morning and box is normal wear on it. Nothing like near this kind of BB box damage. Will open in a day or so. At least Thor box looks ok so not too worried.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:59 AM   #883
yakisoba
Frackin!

hopefully XM staff sees this post and gives you a replacement box. Try to message them they might replace it.
yakisoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:51 AM   #884
Eltjar
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I can't imagine what the contents would have looked like after such punishment, if the packaging came from another collectibles company.

Most of them are paper thin.. that goes for the box and the styrofoam. Bless XM for choosing the premium way

Congratz on Black Bolt btw., even after all this time, he never ceases to amaze..
Eltjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #885
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
I agree but I'm outta luck on the box coming from so far away. The box can't be fixed it's destroyed. It can still fit the things overall but presentation of the box is gone. I tried to push it but it will just make it worst if it fall apart. no replacements if I'm not living in Singapore next to a xm store. But I'm so happy the statue didnt have one single piece broken inside after that insane abuse. Btw Thor arrived this morning and box is normal wear on it. Nothing like near this kind of BB box damage. Will open in a day or so. At least Thor box looks ok so not too worried.
That sucks CBG. Glad Blackagar is okay. The king of the Inhumans is as resilient as ever. His presence and overall quality and execution of design is so underrated. No matter his value on eBay, sit on him. After the Inhumans get a film, people will realize that this BB is the grail of Inhumans. (I don't intend on selling mine..ever)
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:26 PM   #886
captoz
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
That sucks CBG. Glad Blackagar is okay. The king of the Inhumans is as resilient as ever. His presence and overall quality and execution of design is so underrated. No matter his value on eBay, sit on him. After the Inhumans get a film, people will realize that this BB is the grail of Inhumans. (I don't intend on selling mine..ever)
I couldn't agree more. The pose, the faces, the options and the sheer majesty of Black Bolt make it pretty much my favourite XM statue so far. It is such an amazing piece. Congrats CBG!
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:40 PM   #887
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by captoz View Post
I couldn't agree more. The pose, the faces, the options and the sheer majesty of Black Bolt make it pretty much my favourite XM statue so far. It is such an amazing piece. Congrats CBG!
Thanks he's pretty awesome! Don't see SS making him any time soon. I like the xm BB statue for what he is. It's not my favorite xm. But I do like him enough to keep him. BB is unique from other characters in design and xm did a awesome job on the base, height, sculpt, etc. it's an excellent job for what they can do for this character into statue. Inhumans movie? Cool!
After the major beating on the xm box and this came with nothing broken still blows my mind. Now I have a new thankfulness to xm for using the kind of bullet proof boxing they do. Total new respect to the xm team for taking the extra step. I'm sure nothing is 100% but it sure saved this one. If it was SS taking that kind of beating. My statue would be in many pieces for sure.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #888
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm happy nothing is broken CBG. I couldn't stand to see you hurt in any way.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:33 PM   #889
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I'm happy nothing is broken CBG. I couldn't stand to see you hurt in any way.
Thanks I was hurt when I got a Big fine for passing a red light camera during rush hr. I don't mind some help for that. It would make me feel better.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:29 AM   #890
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Thanks I was hurt when I got a Big fine for passing a red light camera during rush hr. I don't mind some help for that. It would make me feel better.
You were too excited to go home to make sure yelling blackbolt guy was ok! You need to slow down CBG! The roads are dangerous!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote