Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-02-2018, 12:17 PM   #31
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
It has to, he's looking pretty old these days lol
I expect Riri Williams was created in the comics in part planning how to handle Iron Man 4 at some point. We could see Tony die in Infinity War leaving a vacuum.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:17 PM   #32
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

the only thing I was initially concerned about with RDJ was his age, other than that I thought he looked the part and thought he'd do really good, his personality was spot on for Tony. If they made Iron Man around the time he did natural born killers he would have been the perfect age, but thats a small gripe he is indeed fantastic as Tony, whoever replaces him is going to have very big shoes to fill
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #33
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
RDJ is maybe the only example of flawless casting I've seen in super heroes. There have been some strong ones across the board, but no other character yet I cannot imagine being recast (I'm sure it will happen eventually).
Although I like Mark Ruffalo, I liked Eric Bana even more in Ang Lee's Hulk.

One casting choice I thought was odd was Tyler Hoechlin as Superman in TV Supergirl...until I saw him in the show. He was great.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:25 PM   #34
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
the only thing I was initially concerned about with RDJ was his age, other than that I thought he looked the part and thought he'd do really good, his personality was spot on for Tony. If they made Iron Man around the time he did natural born killers he would have been the perfect age, but thats a small gripe he is indeed fantastic as Tony, whoever replaces him is going to have very big shoes to fill

I thought he was to small to play a super hero.

His Iron Man changed the character in the comics and for the better. Very rare feat.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:27 PM   #35
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Although I like Mark Ruffalo, I liked Eric Bana even more in Ang Lee's Hulk.

One casting choice I thought was odd was Tyler Hoechlin as Superman in TV Supergirl...until I saw him in the show. He was great.
All the people that have played Banner have been fine, I think the Hulk has been aided by advancing technology over the years.

Part of it comes down to direction too. Cavil wasn't a Superman I liked until I saw glimpses of his charm in Justice League.

I'm actually quite excited about Captain Marvel after seeing his bright red suit and the actor looks pretty good (you can only expect so much mass in muscles from actors).
Old 03-02-2018, 12:30 PM   #36
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I think visually Ed Norton was my favorite Bruce Banner, he looked most like comic book banner IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I thought he was to small to play a super hero.

His Iron Man changed the character in the comics and for the better. Very rare feat.
I never really noticed him being short before, now that you mention it ill probably notice next time I rewatch a movie with him lol
Old 03-02-2018, 12:33 PM   #37
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I think visually Ed Norton was my favorite Bruce Banner, he looked most like comic book banner IMO

I never really noticed him being short before, now that you mention it ill probably notice next time I rewatch a movie with him lol
It wasn't until "Logan" that I finally got past Jackman being a foot taller Wolverine.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:36 PM   #38
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
It wasn't until "Logan" that I finally got past Jackman being a foot taller Wolverine.
Lol, they actually casted Dougray Scott first before he was injured while filming Mission Impossible 2.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:39 PM   #39
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
I think hes more than a foot taller than Wolverine should be? Thats something that definitely bugged me, but his dedication to the role and his respect for the character allowed me to eventually look past it. Im a little more picky about wolvie though, hes one of my favorite characters, hes canadian like me, and his comic book birthplace is in alberta which is the same province I live in. I'll never forget xmen #121 where they go to the calgary stampede lol thats the city where I live and the stampede is an annual festival that happens here, so that was really cool to see
Old 03-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #40
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I think hes more than a foot taller than Wolverine should be? Thats something that definitely bugged me, but his dedication to the role and his respect for the character allowed me to eventually look past it. Im a little more picky about wolvie though, hes one of my favorite characters, hes canadian like me, and his comic book birthplace is in alberta which is the same province I live in. I'll never forget the xmen issue where they go to the calgary stampede lol thats the city where I live and the stampede is an annual festival that happens here, so that was really cool to see
What I found.

"According to Marvel comics, Wolverine is only 5'3 in height Wolverine, but Hugh Jackman is 6'3 in height."