Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #9911
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
For me Green Lantern would have been a good movie had it been released ten or fifteen years ago. But the cold reality is that the "genre" of Superhero movie has been lifted so high thanks to Nolan's efforts, plus movies and performances such as X-Men: First Class, that a movie such as Green Lantern, in that genre, just doesn't even come close to cutting the mustard. As comic and\or Green Lantern fans, we were entitled to expect a hell of a lot more IMO
Valid point. To be fair though I never expected it to be on the level with Nolan's work on Batman. GL is a difficult character to translate to film. I enjoyed it for what it was with hopes that it can still become something great in future sequels. That said it was the weakest of the superhero films this Summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Agree. This GL to me was like the 1st Ghost Rider film. It just missed the boat on almost every level.
Wow thats harsh. I don't think GL is a great film by any means but its nowhere near the botched up mess that was Ghost Rider.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #9912
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Finally got to see HUGO today, and it's one of the few movies that 3D actually enhanced the movie...none of those silly jump out of the screen effects, and a wonderfully written and directed story by Scorsese. He has always been one of my fave directors and who knew he could direct family fare with such aplomb. BIG THUMBS UP. 9/10

Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #9913
randy_marsh
I am da law!

Bridesmaids 5.5/10

Thought it would be better/funnier from what friends said. I didn't mind looking at Rose Byrne or Ellie Kemper from the office though.
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #9914
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Galaxy Quest 8/10. Love this movie.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #9915
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsdale Saint View Post
Finally got to see HUGO today, and it's one of the few movies that 3D actually enhanced the movie...none of those silly jump out of the screen effects, and a wonderfully written and directed story by Scorsese. He has always been one of my fave directors and who knew he could direct family fare with such aplomb. BIG THUMBS UP. 9/10

I liked this one, but Scorsese's film-preservation agenda, even though it's a noble cause, was heavy handed in this one. It turned me off as did the college film 101 class that was also worked in.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #9916
Rocket
Art of Mod

4/10

One of those movies I'd always been meaning to watch (and it's sequel) but never found time. Well, I found time, and I just couldn't get into it. Zombie's Halloween while deeply flawed, was something I appreciated for his willingness to try something a little different, and I did find it effective.

This however, just felt like a hodgepodge of random ideas thrown together, and yet another vanity project for his wife at times. It's a fine line between swipe and homage, and while something like the Evil Dead nod was cool, there were some blatant swipes also. Hills Have Eyes\Texas Chainsaw anyone?
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #9917
bigjohn550
Sailor Moon

I wasn't a fan of 1000 Corpses at all. I liked the sequel alot better though. It was still nothing to write home about, but compared to 1000 Corpses it was definitely a winner.
bigjohn550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:31 AM   #9918
abarron
Batman

Wild Wild West 3/10

Poor acting, poor script, poor CGI

Why do i keep watching it???
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:39 AM   #9919
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn550 View Post
I wasn't a fan of 1000 Corpses at all. I liked the sequel alot better though. It was still nothing to write home about, but compared to 1000 Corpses it was definitely a winner.
Interesting! I was close to not giving it a shot, but I will now. Thanks!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #9920
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn550 View Post
I agree. I thought 1000 corpses was a waste, didn't do anything for me. The sequel was actually fairly enjoyable, my favorite Zombie's movies. Not that that is saying too much.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote