Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-01-2019, 09:36 PM   #401
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Glad I cancelled both the sideshow wolf pred bust and 1:4 this is so much better ...The Steve Wang predator is still the best I think
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:49 PM   #402
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Have to be honest Gary - I'm starting to feel that way
YES! No regrets this time

Quote:
The pose was the only decent thing about it (someone warned me too - oh . . . wait . . . it was me . . . )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
If I believed the P1 was out of the conversation I wouldn’t be purchasing it.

But to ignore details that are self-evident and chocking them up as “opinions” is clearly incorrect.

Cheers!
What I mean by opinions is that you have one and with that one you prefer the SWS version because you like the Bio helm better. Its more accurate and thus you feel its the better piece.

I feel the P1 Bio Helm is close enough that I can hardly see the difference... Depending on the angle and lighting they are very close..

But here is the Biggest thing for me.. There is more to these Predator statues then just the bio Helm. There is the pose, sculpt, paint apps, base, and overall presence of the piece. All of these go to Prime 1 as the winner.. For me anyways..

Then there are the unmasked head sculpts. Which look much better and more accurate on the P1 version..

I don't think you should be Ignoring those details that are self-evident either. Doing so is just incorrect

For the record.. I still see issues with both Bio's when compared to the original... I will admit Some of that could be due to lighting on SWS version though.

JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:12 PM   #403
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtial View Post
Also, can I just say how much I currently hate SSF right now? Ugh. Anyway, I am trying to migrate over here but this layout will take some getting used to.
A bit off topic... I was a SSF member for many years. It is a horrible place with the most childish, power-hungry and pretentious mods I have ever seen. I have seen multiple members banned and/or infracted for simply disagreeing with the opinions of mods or not liking the same movies as them. Myself included. The place is like a stereotypical highschool with various cliques and factions, with most of the mods being wannabe E-bullies that have free reign to do whatever they want.

Sideshow even recently removed all affiliation with the site. Good riddance.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:23 PM   #404
Hutch0o
Birdman

Price isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CCDB560D-C300-4595-BD8D-BE721F1206B9.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	125573  
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:49 PM   #405
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
That isn't a good comparison, Wolf is almost twice the size of this.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:45 AM   #406
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
Wolf is closer to 1:3 but yeah it was crazy expensive then, also SS did a ---- job with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
In height maybe, but overall in terms of mass it's probably similar, take away the plain round bit of the base and it's way under.

edit: nvmd with the tree topping out at 42" it might rival it in height. But one branch making a couple extra inches isn't anything special. The density of detail is what really matters not a long stick.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:16 AM   #407
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Wolf is closer to 1:3 but yeah it was crazy expensive then, also SS did a ---- job with it.

In height maybe, but overall in terms of mass it's probably similar, take away the plain round bit of the base and it's way under.

edit: nvmd with the tree topping out at 42" it might rival it in height. But one branch making a couple extra inches isn't anything special. The density of detail is what really matters not a long stick.
Yes, that's what I said, almost double as it's about 1/2.5 so still much larger than a 1/4. SS did a great job with it, one of the best pred pieces you can get.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:31 AM   #408
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Before you talk do your research, I sized that photoshop to show exactly how they will look next to each other. Wolf is 31 inches from base to head and Jungle is 28 inches base to head. So sick of dumbasses in this hobby
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:51 AM   #409
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
I will just refer back to my original post...

If you think the bio helm on the SWS version is by far the best between the two and is the most important thing to you and you like the piece overall then Congrats on having your definitive Predator Statue.

Its a far cry for me as I already stated other parts are just as important and make P1 the clear winner..

Freakyguy handles himself really badly in his conversations sadly. But I am with him on the mask issue alone. Other than that, I'm with you and Spike etc. The more I look at this, the more I think it is the best Predator statue ever made over all, at least level with the SWS. I would also say that this makes it all the more disappointing that the mask isn't as good as the rest of it. The rest is so good, that the mask just stands out even though it isn't terrible by any means. The SWS mask is undoubtedly superior, by a huge margin. The over all shape isn;t too far off on this. Although it's a bit wide (the cheek area especially) It's more so the heavy texture and the sculpted damage that has transformed the sleek look of the original too much. It's an awesome statue, but if Prime 1 revise the mask (and add the correct lenses!!) It will undoubtedly become the best....

Prime vs my SWS production mask.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:12 AM   #410
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Freakyguy handles himself really badly in his conversations sadly. But I am with him on the mask issue alone. Other than that, I'm with you and Spike etc. The more I look at this, the more I think it is the best Predator statue ever made over all, at least level with the SWS. I would also say that this makes it all the more disappointing that the mask isn't as good as the rest of it. The rest is so good, that the mask just stands out even though it isn't terrible by any means. The SWS mask is undoubtedly superior, by a huge margin. The over all shape isn;t too far off on this. Although it's a bit wide (the cheek area especially) It's more so the heavy texture and the sculpted damage that has transformed the sleek look of the original too much. It's an awesome statue, but if Prime 1 revise the mask (and add the correct lenses!!) It will undoubtedly become the best....

Prime vs my SWS production mask.
Hey Python..

Yes the texture seems to be the main issue for sure and the cheeks seems wide. My point to freaky was that it's lack of perfection with the Bio was more than made up by it's other areas of near perfection and thus why the piece will be the definitive Predator for some and belongs in the discussion.

He seems to have this hang up about anyone who thinks this may be the better piece over the SWS version and I was just trying to get him to see where others like myself are coming from and that his logic about the bio gets tossed out when he does not apply his logic to the rest of the piece

My only concern about the lenses when compared to the SWS version is that it would bother me if they changed the P1 and it ended up with the very silver look of the SWS version.. It may be suit accurate but the lenses always looked dark in the movie..

I still look at that pic I posted with the three masks and I don't see the dramatic difference other then the texture. But I am by no means an expert.. I can see they all look different but my mind cant wrap itself around the different lighting and slightly different angles and positions lol
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote