Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-18-2017, 05:46 AM   #1281
darren1228
Zot

Just opened up Croc. I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong he is pretty beefy. I still would've liked him to be bigger but he is def a good size. Love the sculpt and the paint. The neck seam is obviously noticeable but not obvious unless viewed from the side.

Unfortunately this looks to be a statue that will have a lot of chips. I've got a huge chip on his right foot and shoulder. There is also a paint rub above his left eye. I can live with the shoulder chip and rub above his eye but can't stand the chip on his foot. I seriously doubt Sideshow will grant a replacement body. Guess we'll see.

Also wanted to compare him to Spidey and discovered a big crack on his leg that was not there before. Ugh I think this is a good time to just get out of the game. It's only been over a year since I got Spidey...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7693.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	108133   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7705.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	108134   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7694.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	108135   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7691.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	108136   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7703.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	108137  

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:03 AM   #1282
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Just opened up Croc. I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong he is pretty beefy. I still would've liked him to be bigger but he is def a good size. Love the sculpt and the paint. The neck seam is obviously noticeable but not obvious unless viewed from the side.

Unfortunately this looks to be a statue that will have a lot of chips. I've got a huge chip on his right foot and shoulder. There is also a paint rub above his left eye. I can live with the shoulder chip and rub above his eye but can't stand the chip on his foot. I seriously doubt Sideshow will grant a replacement body. Guess we'll see.

Also wanted to compare him to Spidey and discovered a big crack on his leg that was not there before. Ugh I think this is a good time to just get out of the game. It's only been over a year since I got Spidey...
Leaning issues you think?
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:10 AM   #1283
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoniste View Post
Leaning issues you think?
Spider-Man? I don't notice a lean at the moment. There are paint rubs on the square peg on his hand though (from pressure of holding up Spidey). The paint crack def wasn't there when I first got him.

If you are asking about Croc I don't think he'll have leaning problems.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #1284
aa909
The Green Hornet

here are some pics off Facebook

aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:49 AM   #1285
SONICobra
Batman

im liking the ex a little more from that pic, i still would have preferred the reg portrait be permanently attached but whatevs looks dope as long as you can hide that seam
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:14 PM   #1286
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
here are some pics off Facebook

Aside from the many qc issues these pics looks amazing! Can't wait to see mine soon. Imo I still
Believe this is a definite ex or fail. Besides it's always best to have both heads to change it around once in a while like bane, leopard lady, and captain marvel etc.... all amazing ex's!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:58 PM   #1287
the Jade Monkey
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Just opened 241 and put it together. A lot of people (me included) were hating on the EX head. However, in person, I really like it. Originally there was no way I'd ever use it, but now I'm not sure which head I like more. The neck seam is a non issue for me. Maybe I just got a really good one, but it's nowhere near as noticeable as the one on my Hulk, it's more comparable to the neck seem on Spider-Man. This thing has some weight to it too, although the base feels really light and hollow. All in all, I'm really happy with it.
the Jade Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:01 PM   #1288
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I love these pictures and might display this without the splash also. Is the splash made out of the type of materia that the Wonder Woman PF spear cloth is made out of? ( that would have been way better if it was real cloth with wires imo). I hate little fragile extras like that..
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #1289
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I just unboxed #205 and I'm very impressed to say the least. I haven't found a suitable app for uploading pics on this forum, but I have posted about 30 pics on Facebook under the Sideshow Collectibles, Statue Collectors and Statue Collectors United groups.

Killer Croc is bigger in hand than he appears in pictures, but is still a tad bit undersized, but not by much. The base is huge and the figure itself is very HEAVY! The whole piece takes up some serious real estate. The paint apps are stunning - especially the feet. The neck seam is what it is, but you can't go wrong with adding him to your collection. Besides, he's a Batman villain- the non-female kind.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #1290
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I haven't found a suitable app for uploading pics on this forum
Imagebb is working well for me.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote