Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-07-2020, 12:21 AM   #1401
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I always thought he was a good size, the problem was always imo how JACKED the first Batman PF is.

Also there's also those idiots who immediately decide that height equates mass and scale.
Croc was on the smaller side. He should have been at least as large as Bane. Good statue nonetheless.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:54 AM   #1402
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Found local shop who still has the reg below retail. Liked this one from the release date, now I think base and monster will fit in with the spidey-villains (like the lizard hiding in sewer).
I’d say go for it. It really is a fantastic sculpt. My major complaint with it is the neck seam. You can find a small chain to cover it up though. The REG is great no need to get the EX at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Strange they pegged the foot separately, mostly they peg at waisthight etc.

Did you have to detroy it or send it back so they could repair?
They gave me a partial refund for the damage. It was a simple fix just used some glue. You can’t tell at all that it was damaged since the pants cover it.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:15 PM   #1403
COI

The scale thing drives me crazy. People think 1/4 scale means 20-24 inches, regardless of pose, the base, etc. So I guess that makes a Hot Toy 1/4 scale, as long as you put it on a 12 inch base. Talk about a massive indictment of the education system.

The other thing is, Croc wasn't that big originally. If you go back to the '80s comics, he was basically the size of a large man, which this PF captures perfectly. He became a giant mutant later, and I think the Arkham games cemented him in people's minds as a giant mutant, because we all know most collectors never actually read any comics.

This PF doesn't get the respect it deserves.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:43 PM   #1404
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
The scale thing drives me crazy. People think 1/4 scale means 20-24 inches, regardless of pose, the base, etc. So I guess that makes a Hot Toy 1/4 scale, as long as you put it on a 12 inch base. Talk about a massive indictment of the education system.

The other thing is, Croc wasn't that big originally. If you go back to the '80s comics, he was basically the size of a large man, which this PF captures perfectly. He became a giant mutant later, and I think the Arkham games cemented him in people's minds as a giant mutant, because we all know most collectors never actually read any comics.

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:56 PM   #1405
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:

+1 to everything my man, criminally underrated statue
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:34 AM   #1406
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

Still not a fan of this PF but as far as his size, Sideshow was NOT wrong. They made old school croc, not giant modern day Croc.

Bane not pumped off the Venom and Croc were around the same size, slightly larger than Batman.

On Venom, Bane was larger than Croc.

But Croc was just the size of a large muscular man, not the behemoth he is now.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:14 PM   #1407
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #1408
AC_808
Hercules

It's not the size that bothered me with this piece, but it was the pose.

I don't even understand what Croc is doing with his right arm. It looks dislocated and hanging on at the shoulder ...like as if his right arm just went numb. I wasn't very keen on his mixed media pants either.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #1409
MrStayPuft
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I just bought a regular off the bay a few nights ago to complete my Rogue's gallery, and low and behold, see this thread getting bumped. I doubt there will be a new one in the future, and I'm happy with this Croc.

With Scarecrow and Freeze PFs coming out, good time to be a Batman fan!
MrStayPuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:23 PM   #1410
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Well, wouldn't it make sense that the most vocal critics didn't like the piece? Why would they order a piece they didn't like? I hate the Deathstroker PF and was very critical of it on this forum. I certainly didn't PO it and I love the character. The same thing happened with the Mags PF. I don't take issues with people who are critical of a piece. I buy what I like and nothing anyone else says will stop me from enjoying a statue that I like. Criticism isn't a bad thing in my book so long as it's done respectfully.
+1

If there is one PF I'd want them to revisit, it would be him. We need the classic Pérez version.
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote