Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-27-2018, 07:39 AM   #691
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
They mustn't explain anything cause apparently people are willing to pay 600-700$ for PF. But explanation about engineering, development process etc. sounds better than - "Hey, we make price like that cause we can. People will whine on the forum but after a while come to our site and click Preorder or Buy now".
Don't know much about the process but i think they make about 100% profit compared to production cost. If there is a demand so why should they stop price raising.
But in the end, they aren't fooling anybody. We are not buying their excuses and it makes them look like fools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
If you can get better value for your 680 dollars by all means, no reason for them to stay competitive if the price isn't competitive.
Maybe you too should beg them to raise even more their prices...

You sound like you already received the statue and you know its value. Don't forget the loss in the transition to production and during production and finish it with their now infamous QC....
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:06 AM   #692
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
But in the end, they aren't fooling anybody. We are not buying their excuses and it makes them look like fools.
You are not buying their excuses but their statues. I think many people make look like fools to earn some money. Sideshow is not different. So how do You call people who are willing to pay them and know that their excuses are crap? Dunno who looks like a fool here, no offence
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:06 AM   #693
Mr.Knight
Justice League

Ordered!
Mr.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:09 AM   #694
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
This is a great looking statue. Think I will pass though. I have the original PF ex which I am very happy with.
same
but tbh, the price of this was the deciding factor...no thanks
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #695
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

How lovely... I order Thor last night and this morning I have a $25 code that I could have applied... DOH!

First time in years that I ordered anything on day 1 and I get kicked in the nuts. lol

Gonna message them today and see if I can use it. It would 100% be expired before I PO anything again.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:32 AM   #696
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post

Maybe you too should beg them to raise even more their prices...

You sound like you already received the statue and you know its value. Don't forget the loss in the transition to production and during production and finish it with their now infamous QC....
Mine was a mostly neutral statement, that the value is really in the eyes of the beholder and i am not doubting what you deem to be overpriced. Sure when i compare this to a 1/3 scale PCS chunli at 720 usd paid upfront yea it seems overpriced.

I don't know if sideshow has released anything in regards to the engineering of this piece being particularly difficult but ppl are throwing around the maquette word when this isn't even labelled a maquette.

You can talk about "infamous" qc all you want but their most recent pieces have been pretty bang on.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:41 AM   #697
traind
Fantastic Four

Pricing has gone high, although I still want this.

I think production costs have risen but several years back I think they got wise to the market of people flipping on ebay and discovered that they should be capturing more of that profit up front with higher sales prices.
traind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:07 AM   #698
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
What engineering? They use the basic idea of pouring concrete. Just reinforcing a piece with smaller bars.

The so called “engineering doesn’t matter when production is so mediocre. Look at Thanos on Throne.
I’m not trying to be snarky, just saying. There is nothing so crazy to call a piece a PF vs a Maquette, unless it’s the scale.
Preach it! Throwing the word "Engineering" around to justify the cost isn't working for me. In the Sideshow Live video, Susan probably used it like 40 times....smh!

Calling it now, Rogue will be $850 because of the engineering that went in it.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #699
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
How lovely... I order Thor last night and this morning I have a $25 code that I could have applied... DOH!

First time in years that I ordered anything on day 1 and I get kicked in the nuts. lol

Gonna message them today and see if I can use it. It would 100% be expired before I PO anything again.
As usual, Sideshow proves why they're the best. Had this corrected within 5 minutes over Live Chat.

Their customer service is second to none.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:15 AM   #700
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
As usual, Sideshow proves why they're the best. Had this corrected within 5 minutes over Live Chat.

Their customer service is second to none.
Yup, their customer service is the best!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote