Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-10-2016, 08:48 PM   #511
NosferatuOMeGa
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwade23 View Post
You could, but it would be at your cost (return shipping) and time. The smarter option would be to maintain communication with Customer Service to see what option they can provide you (if any).

I still maintain simply epoxy/gluing the tooth back yourself would be the easiest and least stressful option because of how small the issue is. Remember, there is no guarantee the replacement is not going to have the broken tooth problem as well (and/or other issues).
It probably could be glued back in place, but with the price (which was reasonable) but then on top of that... paying taxes twice, shipping fees, and exchange rates.

I can't feel good about ANY damage to the piece.
NosferatuOMeGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:58 PM   #512
dwade23
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosferatuOMeGa View Post
It probably could be glued back in place, but with the price (which was reasonable) but then on top of that... paying taxes twice, shipping fees, and exchange rates.

I can't feel good about ANY damage to the piece.
I guess it depends how obsessive you want to be about it (and how much time, money and effort you're willing to expend), every person is different.

For example, my Grommash statue had a small break (spike on the shoulder part). I just glued it back and its not noticeable to the eye in any way whatsoever. i.e. nobody would ever know about it except me. As I've gotten older, I've realised that chasing perfection (when faced with small imperfections) can be a very costly game, taxing not just on the wallet, but on mental health (stress) etc.

Good luck either way!
dwade23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #513
patrickm3849
Justice League

Took some shots of my Grommash who came on Wednesday.
The detail is insane and fits perfectly together with Deathwing and Arthas! Great Job Blizzard, I expect a wonderful Illidan figure in the future!

patrickm3849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:14 PM   #514
CtrlAltElite
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

omg, those pics are insane. His back looks incredible as does the base. The whole thing looks stunning.

(Insane, Incredible, stunning) yeah I used all those words
CtrlAltElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:49 PM   #515
wanderlai
The Tick

Amazing amount of detail in this statue.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #516
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Look, for those of you on the fence, or maybe waiting.

PLEASE STOP

Buy this thing. I s**t you not, you will NOT be disappointed.
I know it gets said around here a lot, but pics truly are not doing this thing justice.

I haven't been this impressed with QC, quality, and size for the price in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Everything screams quality about this. The amount of detail is insane. I never "gush" about a piece I just got like I am this one. I'm just that floored.

350 for this is ridiculously well priced compared to what we've been paying for other pieces lately.

Hell, even looking at the shipper I thought, "well this looks classy!" The packaging is quality. It was well packed, and arrived 100% issue free. I know some have had a broken tooth, but mine was fine.

I'll stop now, but seriously, if you're on the fence, get this one before it's gone. I promise you won't be disappointed. Hell, even if you're not a WoW fan, it's a GREAT fantasy piece! I can see this 1/5 going EXTREMELY well with that new Masters of the Universe line too.

Truly love this one and the best piece that I've received in a year at least. Have fun!

Oh and the magnets are STRONG on mine! I'd have to force it off on any of the four or five points.

testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #517
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post

PLEASE STOP

I know it gets said around here a lot, but pics truly are not doing this thing justice.

I haven't been this impressed with QC, quality, and size for the price in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Everything screams quality about this. The amount of detail is insane. I never "gush" about a piece I just got like I am this one. I'm just that floored.

350 for this is ridiculously well priced compared to what we've been paying for other pieces lately.

Hell, even looking at the shipper I thought, "well this looks classy!" The packaging is quality. It was well packed, and arrived 100% issue free. I know some have had a broken tooth, but mine was fine.

I'll stop now, but seriously, if you're on the fence, get this one before it's gone. I promise you won't be disappointed. Hell, even if you're not a WoW fan, it's a GREAT fantasy piece! I can see this 1/5 going EXTREMELY well with that new Masters of the Universe line too.

Truly love this one and the best piece that I've received in a year at least. Have fun!
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:42 PM   #518
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

So I get the impression you really like it.

Congrats, test!

Ugh, I got a few more days to wait on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post

PLEASE STOP

Oh and the magnets are STRONG on mine! I'd have to force it off on any of the four or five points.

Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:51 PM   #519
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
So I get the impression you really like it.

Congrats, test!

Ugh, I got a few more days to wait on mine.

yeah a little overboard I guess, but I was truly impressed on every front with this one.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:07 PM   #520
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Paint apps look very impressive on this piece. Once again...I'm in the same predicament as SS MOTU line (or what I hope to become a line).

Is Blizzard going to make more statues? I really hope so. I may get this just because I am such a huge WoW nutcase and I only have room for my one 1:2 custom Illidan being made currently.

Decisions...decisions. What to do...what to do?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote