Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #21
slaine
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
The sneak resembles this alot.

free image hosting

Yes!!! The great companion of the Dredd that is on the way!!! Well I hope that in November we will have the 1st step to that awesome couple. I really love the job done it and I really hope it will look like this!!!
slaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
wvg9250
Death is hereditary.

Unreal! Can't wait for full reveal
wvg9250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #23
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Judge Dredd and Anderson did cross over to Judge Death dimension there is nothing alive there.

He is evil, nothing good about him. I would not even consider him to be anti hero material.
Isn't there nothing alive because they killed everything?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #24
elijah_snow
I'm the Fourth Man

Please, please , please let this be a ways off.....my wallet will be in the recovery room for a while!
elijah_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #25
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Judging ( no pun intended) by the spin off stories of Judge Death, he is defineatly thought of as an Anti Hero in a similar way as the Angel Gang are. I prefer Judge Mortis but i'll buy any of the Dark Judges.
I never considered him anti hero. Nor did I ever consider the Angel gang anti heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Isn't there nothing alive because they killed everything?
From what i gather that's the case. Only the restless souls of there victims were left and Judge Anderson called upon those souls to defeat the Dark Judges.

That's the gist of it. I have to check the comics for details.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
I never considered him anti hero. Nor did I ever consider the Angel gang anti heroes..
Mean Machine Angel is my ultimate anti hero, I love the guy.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #27
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
I never considered him anti hero. Nor did I ever consider the Angel gang anti heroes.
Probably because they're really not. They're no more anti-heroes than The Joker is.

They're villains. Popular villains. Beloved villains even, and great, very enjoyable characters, but still villains and rogues all the same.

An anti-hero is a character that ultimately, when pushed, does the right thing, or at least what they view as being the right and/or necessary thing by their own personal code, while using what could be seen as morally questionable methods, and while having personality traits that no true, clean cut hero would have, while also being willing to go to extremes that no ordinary clear cut hero would ever go to, or consider acceptable.

Snake Plissken is an anti-hero. The Punisher is an anti-hero. Dexter Morgan is an anti-hero. Jack Bauer is an anti-hero. Hell, one could even very much make the case that Judge Dredd is somewhat of an anti-hero given that he is basically a fascist and a ruthless, uncompromising bastard, and thus falls under the typical 'the end justifies the means' anti-hero style reasoning. Although the fact that Dredd is a character that lives in a fascistic worldscape to begin with may nullify that a little bit too, as that isn't really a world with any clear cut and traditional 'clean' heroes to begin with.

Anti-heroes are neither true heroes, nor are they villains, but instead live in a grey area in between the two, where they have a certain code that they operate by, but don't really conform to any set societal rules. They are usually loners, and they don't prey on the innocent, but they may not go out of their way to protect them either, or may only do so begrudgingly. And their punishment of those who they see as the enemy or as villainous in a way that conflicts with their own personal code is usually met with a rather ruthless form of justice. They do what they see as necessary, rather than what society would deem as just and proper and acceptable.

My view anyhow.
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #28
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Is judge death going to be 1/4 scale?
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #29
ThomasMak0524
The Spirit

Looks like it will. To match Judge dredd, right?

Also, I believe some posts back said Judge Anderson will be made too. Looks like a trio.

Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled like Tygra. If there's only 150 Judge Dredd Ex then Judge Death...
ThomasMak0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #30
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I don't see why Judge Death wouldn't demand, and do just as well with, a similar edition size to what Dredd had, if I were to be perfectly honest. I mean Death is to Dredd as Joker is to Batman, plus he just looks cool to boot, from a strictly visual point of view, so I think Death could do equally well with a matching edition size.

Judge Anderson would probably be required to have a smaller run however, as even with the movie and her long history in the comics, I just don't see the same level of demand for the character there, at least not to Dredd/Death type levels. A niche within a niche, if you will. Even hardcore fans tend to get extra picky when you are talking high end product and prices. I'd buy her, just as long as the quality seen in the other pieces was maintained, but I certainly don't think the demand would match Dredd and Death levels.

I have been known to be wrong before, however.
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote