Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-02-2020, 06:55 AM   #151
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Wish they had a deluxe version with clothes
While my collection contains some pieces with mixed media (mostly by Sideshow) i prefer it when a statue is 100% resin. I think that's why i like 1/4 pieces by Gentle Giant, as they ship fully constructed, and use little in the way of mixed media, bar the use of plastic and fabric from time to time.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #152
ukshaun
Hercules

News..
Reika Shimohira (black) ships some time over the next 4 weeks.
Bad news, shipping has increased. To the UK, shipping on this 1/4 scale piece is a whopping $271.00
Given how small/basic the base is, i'd imagine the box is quite small. I wonder how much 1/3 scale costs to ship atm?

Credit to Prime 1, they do offer options.
1. Full refund including deposit.
2. Delay shipping until shipping costs drop (assuming they will?)

COVID-19 is to blame for the shipping hike.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:59 PM   #153
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

COVID-19 is to blame for the shipping hike.
I’m wondering how long Covid will remain a good excuse for higher prices. There is no longer Covid in China.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 05:03 PM   #154
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I’m wondering how long Covid will remain a good excuse for higher prices. There is no longer Covid in China.
What makes no sense, is the price of fuel dropped during the Covid-19
I'd assume this was passed onto the airlines. Why the higher shipping cost?
Old 11-27-2020, 06:32 PM   #155
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

I canceled mine from prime1 today because i was now being quoted over $200 in shipping on a $600 statue. They said that shipping prices will go up again by the time shes ready to ship so it will be even higher. No thanks. I think shes available from Sideshow so ill order through them even with the recent issues. Given these price hikes, ukshaun brings up a good point about how atrocious 1/3 scale orders will be to ship direct. Im probably gonna scrub all my orders from Prime1 direct now as im not paying an additional 30% on top of the price of the piece just for shipping.

Just for ref, the original quoted shipping price was $110. It basically doubled and will likely go up another 10-20% by the time she ships near the end of the year. As Judy Gold would say: "No! F'in! Way!" In contrast, I have orders from Native/Binding that are also in Japan and i paid a flat $60 per item and their statues are also 1/4 scale. Some of the packaging on those things are easily the dimension you would get with a Prime1 1/4 scale figure. Yet, Native is able to FedEx them to me at no additional cost. I get that the polystone statues will weight more but its a huge difference where one company seems to be able to fedex things at the standard rate while another is doing 100-150% increases in shipping.
Jiggatron69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:37 PM   #156
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
I canceled mine from prime1 today because i was now being quoted over $200 in shipping on a $600 statue. They said that shipping prices will go up again by the time shes ready to ship so it will be even higher. No thanks. I think shes available from Sideshow so ill order through them even with the recent issues. Given these price hikes, ukshaun brings up a good point about how atrocious 1/3 scale orders will be to ship direct. Im probably gonna scrub all my orders from Prime1 direct now as im not paying an additional 30% on top of the price of the piece just for shipping.
Good call.
I have just dropped Prime 1 an email.
The plan is to obtain a full refund and order from Sideshow + get some SSC points

To be fair, i let Prime 1 know of my full intention(s).
Old 11-27-2020, 06:51 PM   #157
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
You do realize the shipping costs cover only the shipping and doesnt go to prime1's pockets?
The whole supply chain is a mess even now, because all orders pilled up earlier this year in China.
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:58 PM   #158
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
Good call.
I have just dropped Prime 1 an email.
The plan is to obtain a full refund and order from Sideshow + get some SSC points
Old 11-29-2020, 07:26 AM   #159
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
You do realize the shipping costs cover only the shipping and doesnt go to prime1's pockets?
... ...
No kidding?
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:25 PM   #160
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
The whole supply chain is a mess even now, because all orders pilled up earlier this year in China.
Most companies will make some money on shipping, it's business after all. Every step in the process from pre order till you finally receive the statue, is designed to make the company money.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote