Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-24-2023, 03:01 PM   #701
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
That's a very fair point. I'm just beside myself as it seems as though Hawkeye just seems to not get any love from SS...Others have been around the block several times.....but good ole, Mr. Barton.....Nada except for that OG back in the day. SOOOO much more can be done for a modern take with the talent and skill that SS has hired. And especially with Jeremy Renner being recently the talk of the news with his recent accident...one think..
I hope Jeremy Renner gets well soon.

I understand you, i am in the same boat with you when it comes to Nightwing. Why no love for Nightwing, SS. :/
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:21 PM   #702
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Yeah, i am sorry Taskmaster fans, but Taskmaster is pretty much poor guy's Deathstroke.
Feel bad for Taskmaster fans - that Black Widow movie did him ZERO favors. Had the M-She-U done his character justice, this statue would've moved a few more units easily. It was a terrific creation by SS but it also didn't have an amazing EX like the Green Arrow PF's.

Keeping hope alive for that Classic Deathstroke as well.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:40 PM   #703
Onewiththeforce
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

agreed!!!

Quote:
I hope Jeremy Renner gets well soon.

I understand you, i am in the same boat with you when it comes to Nightwing. Why no love for Nightwing, SS. :/
Dude......I would Love a Nightwing!!!!! I would love a black/blue version!!!!!
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 06:42 PM   #704
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I disagree, the sword outstretched looks so cool. Like he defies his enemy. And that is the front of the PF, It is not like you put another PF infornt of your Taskmaster PF. who does that. lol The Fabric hood looks fantastic in every picture of SS Taskmaster, but i haven't seen the PF in hand.

Sideshow Taskmaster PF is perfection, but unfortunatly i have no attachment to the character.
Cool man. I’m glad the sword works for you. IMO, making it so you end up with a PF that’s 25” wide (4” wider than it is tall) creates all sorts of logistical issues, including trying to fit the thing in any sort of cabinet with doors. Then, you tack on it’s another Captain Morgan pose, a chintzy little base, and more awful softgoods, and the thing is just a loser of a statue.

The sword is silly to me, but taste is subjective, so if you want to say the sword is fine, go ahead. It just leaves you the need to come up with some other explanation why the statue failed. I personally don’t think the character’s popularity fully explains why they can’t give him away, since Sideshow doesn’t have any issues selling out comparable runs of well made statues of original characters (e.g. Rebel Terminator). In contrast, they took a long time to sell out of the last (garbage) Deathstroke PF as well. IMO, quality plays a role.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 09:35 PM   #705
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
It is great piece, if only they made a classic comics Deathstroke like The Classic Comics Taskmaster PF...
YES! That Deathstroker PF was atrocious.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:07 AM   #706
Onewiththeforce
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

just watched...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
YES! That Deathstroker PF was atrocious.
I just watched a few videos of the Taskmaster. Not horrible in my opinion. I'm just not the biggest fan of the skull sculpt. It does look pretty comic book accurate but still feel in my heart of hearts that if they did a Hawkeye instead, we would be discussing a sold out statue as opposed to one that is still yet to be sold out. Just my humble opinion. Then again I suppose it all depends on the edition size.
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote