Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-31-2023, 03:47 AM   #151
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Todd is always helpful, great guy.

I reached out to Spec to see if they would check the eye issue before buying this. Todd said they could definitely do that for me. Good to know for those thinking of buying this and avoiding the eye debacle. I?m still on the fence on this though.
I would go for him, it is almost 1K cheaper than the Queen and just as good or better I think.

I had Sideshow open the replacement they planned to send to make sure it had blue eyes this time. It's in their best interest to do that, shipping both ways is $$$. They sent such a small pic it was hard to tell but I think it will be ok. Hopefully they ship it soon.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:06 AM   #152
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I would go for him, it is almost 1K cheaper than the Queen and just as good or better I think.

I had Sideshow open the replacement they planned to send to make sure it had blue eyes this time. It's in their best interest to do that, shipping both ways is $$$. They sent such a small pic it was hard to tell but I think it will be ok. Hopefully they ship it soon.
Honestly, I want both lol. I’m definitely in on the Queen Cavill. I’ll wait to PO until I see the Chinese collectors photos to see how they execute it. I’ve hardly gotten anything in the last couple of years. I have “extra” cash to make a splash. Plus, this is likely at least a year and a half out or more. Plenty of time to save.

The Infinity Cavill is really good too. I love the concept of it and the likeness is good as well. I’m just hesitant on the hair. It’s too light in some collectors photos that I’ve seen. Also, the hair needs some futzing around with. I’m not 100% certain if I can get it to my liking. I want to see the American batch of this and then make a real decision. Assuming the collectors post pics/vids lol.

I’m glad to hear, I was going to ask you to see what’s going on with that. Hopefully this one will have zero issues. And hopefully you can post some pics!
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 02:15 PM   #153
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

A couple of more have been reported with the eye issue. Another from Sideshow and another one claiming to be an “artist proof” lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D6D97576-090A-4702-B16B-7EEA0E1D4D42.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	158800  
Old 02-05-2023, 03:09 PM   #154
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
You REALLY think Infinity’s is just as good or BETTER????

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5833F4CD-4EAE-4F92-9409-A35D796592B3.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	158808   Click image for larger version

Name:	97B05729-4AB0-48F7-A3C1-8704BE2264EE.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	158809  
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 04:07 PM   #155
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
You REALLY think Infinity?s is just as good or BETTER????
Yes, I do. Only a fool would compare those two pics. A studio lit pro shot of a prototype vs an obviously defective poorly lit and lens distorted phone pic.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:11 PM   #156
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
A couple of more have been reported with the eye issue. Another from Sideshow and another one claiming to be an ?artist proof? lol.
Yes, Sideshow notified me they had to go through their entire stock as they got more eye complaints like mine. I did get confirmation of a good one being shipped out, but we shall see. I am not 100% confident in Sideshow "inspections" from issues in the past. I do hope they get new eyes or refunded from Infinity though, that is really shady by Infinity to dump those on Sideshow like that.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:51 PM   #157
Matson1984
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
You REALLY think Infinity?s is just as good or BETTER????

Come on lol even you know those pictures are awful comparisons. One looks like it was taken with a fish eye lens.
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 05:17 PM   #158
Masa_yodamorph

Quote:
Yes, Sideshow notified me they had to go through their entire stock as they got more eye complaints like mine. I did get confirmation of a good one being shipped out, but we shall see. I am not 100% confident in Sideshow "inspections" from issues in the past. I do hope they get new eyes or refunded from Infinity though, that is really shady by Infinity to dump those on Sideshow like that.
Nice and I’m glad for you! I don’t trust Sideshow, but I bet they actually did look through them for this particular batch that’s pinned to them. It’s just going to go back if they send the same ----e to you.

Super shady from Infinity. Were they thinking/hoping that people would just brush it off like it’s all good bro, it?s nothing? GET REAL Infinity lol.

Once you get yours, can you let us/me know if the hair is actually dark and not super light. Or if it just looks light in photos. That’s a deal breaker for me with this, in some photos the hair is reddish brown.
Old 02-05-2023, 05:27 PM   #159
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Nice and I?m glad for you! I don?t trust Sideshow, but I bet they actually did look through them for this particular batch that?s pinned to them. It?s just going to go back if they send the same ----e to you.

Super shady from Infinity. Were they thinking/hoping that people would just brush it off like it?s all good bro, it?s nothing? GET REAL Infinity lol.

Once you get yours, can you let us/me know if the hair is actually dark and not super light. Or if it just looks light in photos. That?s a deal breaker for me with this, in some photos the hair is reddish brown.
Well, what is funny is they originally said they "checked all their stock" and all were the same as mine. When I asked for a pic they miraculously found one with blue eyes and said I could have that one. Then once my return was back to them, I got a notice that my return was on hold while they check stock. I was thinking Oh boy, probably an incoming cancellation notice, figured they were screwing me over and sent the one they gave me pics of to someone else. Hope they actually sent a good one this time, though to be fair the first one wasn't their fault and they are out big $$$ for shipping both ways.

My hair was dark on the previous piece I sent back.
Old 02-05-2023, 05:36 PM   #160
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm not a camera expert, but to be fair, sticking the camera in anyone's face and adjusting the lens can make anything look good or bad, so I'm not entirely convinced by that second picture.
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote