Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-25-2023, 09:44 PM   #571
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Okay mate, thanks a bunch. I'm sure I'll get this resolved soon.
cool....let us know the update....curious about this...thanks!
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 04:04 PM   #572
wanderwonder
Frackin!

From the other side of the pond here I also still await shipment from EU shop Derivstore, who informed me there are delays from the manufacturer which has caused shipment delays to Q1 2023.

So there could be issues at the source rather than with individual shops.
wanderwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 02:00 AM   #573
KOrigin
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Okay mate, thanks a bunch. I'm sure I'll get this resolved soon.
I emailed them and they said they get their final batch in March. I'm waiting too
KOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 08:08 PM   #574
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
cool....let us know the update....curious about this...thanks!
I got my order cancelled and worked with Todd for a full refund. Todd is great, he helped out a great deal.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 08:49 PM   #575
thecollector80

Quote:
I got my order cancelled and worked with Todd for a full refund. Todd is great, he helped out a great deal.
why cancelled? just too long of a wait or is there stock problems?
Old 02-06-2023, 12:36 AM   #576
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
why cancelled? just too long of a wait or is there stock problems?
I cancelled because I have lost interest in the piece. I believe they are still waiting for their next allotment, which I have no clue when they will get it.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 01:54 AM   #577
dw316
Justice League

Quote:
How did you go about it? Do they allow full refunds if delayed for more than 3 months like Sideshow?
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 02:05 AM   #578
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I cancelled because I have lost interest in the piece. I believe they are still waiting for their next allotment, which I have no clue when they will get it.
I appreciate that the wait times in this "hobby" can be (generally) horrendous - to the point of being scandalous. I have read multiple comments like this on the forum, from multiple members - people just losing interest in the pieces they pre-order.

I wonder if this is because people (in the past) were ordering on a whim, sure they were interested - but the characters weren't "must have pieces", and over the long wait times they realize that the piece doesn't fit in their collection or they'd rather dedicate those funds to something they do care about...

Maybe it's a symptom of our - must have it now society mindset, the need for instant gratification - although, if you're in this hobby, you had that mindset beaten out of you after your 1st or 2nd statue purchase

Or maybe it's the glut of YouTube reviews, and unboxings. It kills some of the anticipation and excitement when you've seen your "grail" piece denuded multiple times, reviewed to death, paraded and critiqued - that in the end, it feels like you've fully experienced the piece before it even lands at your doorstep.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 04:13 AM   #579
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Maybe it's a symptom of our - must have it now society mindset, the need for instant gratification - although, if you're in this hobby, you had that mindset beaten out of you after your 1st or 2nd statue purchase
That's the truth
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:52 AM   #580
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I appreciate that the wait times in this "hobby" can be (generally) horrendous - to the point of being scandalous. I have read multiple comments like this on the forum, from multiple members - people just losing interest in the pieces they pre-order.

I wonder if this is because people (in the past) were ordering on a whim, sure they were interested - but the characters weren't "must have pieces", and over the long wait times they realize that the piece doesn't fit in their collection or they'd rather dedicate those funds to something they do care about...

Or maybe it's the glut of YouTube reviews, and unboxings. It kills some of the anticipation and excitement when you've seen your "grail" piece denuded multiple times, reviewed to death, paraded and critiqued - that in the end, it feels like you've fully experienced the piece before it even lands at your doorstep.
good points there