Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 01-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

NAOMI (The Art of Shunya Yamash ita busts)

Well i picked up my long awaited Naomi bust from Koto. She is from the Art of Yama!sh ita collection of busts. I love the whole line of them but only picking up the must haves. When i opened her at the comic store i was floored at how well she was casted and painted. Even the sword is heavy since its not glued into her hands.

I must say if Koto keep this level of detail on their line i may be getting more items from them down the line.

Next one i have on order is Merei-san. I need to see the others in person to see if i want to snag them as well.

Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Looks good man. I always see these in previews but have yet to see one in person anywhere.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Agree. Looks ok but I'm doing like you and only getting the ones I want so I'll be passing on Naomi. The one thing I consistantly see with these that ticks me off considering the price is the hair is always in 2 pieces. You can see the seam on all of them.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Agree. Looks ok but I'm doing like you and only getting the ones I want so I'll be passing on Naomi. The one thing I consistantly see with these that ticks me off considering the price is the hair is always in 2 pieces. You can see the seam on all of them.
Never noticed the hair till you said so, but i think it works out ok with this his style and sculpt. So doesnt bother me one bit. Plus it gives the painters more room for eyes and face paint ups. May be different from most companies out there, but rather it be this way then smudged in a tiny area and messed up.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

I was suppose to get this 3 weeks ago from my LCS, but I guess the warehouse guy was on crack and instead of Naomi bust, Diamond sent the LCS some other Koto PVC figure....

And Diamond is too lazy to pull their @ss together to send a replacement.

As for the 2-piece hair, you just have to get used to it since it's not exactly a flaw. If you buy enough anime stuff you'll find this kind of 2-piece hair is inevitable.
As a kit builder I actually like it, express the dimension of the hair much better than a single piece head-with-hair sculpt.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #6
zalahmar
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I need a little help if anyone still has this bust. I just picked one up and I think I have problem with mine that I'd like to verify with owners of this bust. The hands have a nice flesh tone, but the whole body and face have a sickly yellow/greenish paint application. I want to make sure this is a defect before I ask for a refund. Can someone who owns this bust please confirm this is not the normal coloring for this statue? The online photos show a nice flesh tone throughout which mine doesn't (please see photo below).

Thanks

20141022_132731_resized by More Than Just Reviews, on Flickr
zalahmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #7
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

That is an odd paint color issue. None of the other Koto busts I have have anything similar, but Naomi is sadly one I'm missing. I haven' noticed that coloration on any of the other ones I've seen online.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #8
ahabmike
U talkin' to me?

Hm ... I could be wrong, but something about the face seems a bit off, too (undetailed?--the mouth in particular seems somewhat odd). I owned this one for a while; it's a great piece--but I certainly don't remember any greenish/yellowish face. Reputable seller?
ahabmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:07 AM   #9
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

From what I can tell, it appears your hands are definitely inconsistent with the rest of her head and body. Sorry my man, but I would ask for a refund if I were you.

Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:53 AM   #10
zalahmar
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thank you for the responses. I contacted the seller (Kirin Hobby) to request an exchange with a proper one or a refund if they can't provide me with one with the proper colors.

Regards
zalahmar is offline   Reply With Quote