Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-21-2015, 11:39 PM   #31
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

You know, I hadn't even thought of the fact that the figures are playable characters in a game! All I'm thinking about is completing these sets of characters. Sorry, the collector is stronger than the gamer!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:18 PM   #32
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
You know, I hadn't even thought of the fact that the figures are playable characters in a game! All I'm thinking about is completing these sets of characters. Sorry, the collector is stronger than the gamer!
I'm thinking of buying some bricks to replace the figures on the bases because you are picking the figures up so often, that your grubby fingerprints might start to have an impact on them. All the info is in the disc after all!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:50 AM   #33
Y3E
Gen 13

Well, that sucks. Disney is no longer making Infinity games, so I bought all these freaking characters and now they will be gathering dust.

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/...tting-300-jobs
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:01 PM   #34
Luminous
Cyclops

That does suck. Can't say I'm surprised though.

At least my Star Wars figures still look good on my desk.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #35
joy_division

can't say I'm surprised either. I Think Lego Dimensions played a part in taking the wind out of their sales. Didn't help that you could only play one character at a time on the pad either
Old 05-11-2016, 02:39 PM   #36
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
can't say I'm surprised either. I Think Lego Dimensions played a part in taking the wind out of their sales. Didn't help that you could only play one character at a time on the pad either
Maybe, and that's a big maybe, but I think it had more to do with Disney's business model with this product. Too many restrictions with how the game was played and too high a price point for each expansion pack had to have hurt sales. They banked on parents eating this stuff up for their kids instead of relying on making the product more accessible for those interested in gaming in general.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:53 PM   #37
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Maybe, and that's a big maybe, but I think it had more to do with Disney's business model with this product. Too many restrictions with how the game was played and too high a price point for each expansion pack had to have hurt sales. They banked on parents eating this stuff up for their kids instead of relying on making the product more accessible for those interested in gaming in general.
I think that is exactly where Lego Dimensions killed this game. My kids were endlessly frustrated that they couldn't play with their favourite characters as they liked and where they liked. Dimensions is so sweet in that they can parachute Owen Grady into the Wizard of Oz for no other reason than little kid crush on Chris Pratt
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:08 PM   #38
joy_division

I'm hoping that now there is the possibility that Disney might see sense(BWAHAHAHAHA!), see how well LD is doing and come to an arrangement with WB so that the Marvel, Disney, Pixar, Indiana Jones & Star Wars Licenses can be used in LD

Pleaselettherebea LEGO Marvel Vs DC!!!