Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #321
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

+1 Walter Trono - Pricey, partly due to Canada-to-Euro exchange but otherwise good experience, talented guy who was open to concept, kept me updated with progress, delivered a nice piece. Only downside is he didn't pack it very well and it got bent in the mail. Would recommend but be sure to insist he packages well if you commish him.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:21 PM   #322
CJ82

+1 Lan Medina - Via his rep at ComiConArt. Good communication, relatively fast production, open to concept, sent prelims and handled some revision notes well. Shipped securely. Overall good experience, I generally much prefer talking with the artist directly versus playing telephone with a Rep but Court at ComiConArt was good to deal with, will likely use their service again.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:10 PM   #323
Stalzer2002
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

+1 Brendan and Brian Fraim http://www.brosfraim.com/
+1 Mike Rooth http://mikerooth.bigcartel.com/
+1 Dean Kotz http://www.deankotz.com/

All three are reliable, fast, communicate well, and do excellent work at bargain prices.
Stalzer2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #324
Roygbiv666

+1 TJ Frias. TJ was great to deal with: open to idea, good communication, quick turnaround, terrific product. Highly recommended. http://guinnessyde.deviantart.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/tjfrias
Roygbiv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:32 PM   #325
CJ82

+1 Javier Saltares - A pleasure to work with, open to concept, good communication, kept me updated with sketches and progress, had everything wrapped up within a few weeks. Quite pricey though since he is currently doing a lot of full color painting work lately, dunno if he accepts pencils/ pencils and inks only stuff, but yeah, great experience.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:44 AM   #326
CJ82

-1 Greg Larocque - Said he would be done in 30 days, took 3 months. To my surprise art arrived at my door having never seen any roughs or gotten any feedback from me. Art is sloppy and not what I asked for. I'm going to call this getting "McCleoded"; not seeing any roughs any progress or anything, just getting a finished piece that does not follow your guidelines.
Avoid.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:29 PM   #327
CJ82

+1 Mike Bowden - Got 2 pieces from Mike. Affordable, open to concept, good communication. Kept me updated with sketches and progress. Really happy with the final results. Admittedly took a bit longer than I would have liked but I can chalk it up to having 2 done and a period of waiting for art supplies in between pencils and inks. Very good experience, would do business with again.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #328
CJ82

+1 Pete Woods - via his rep Jerry at Serendipity. Open to concept, good communication, gave me a look at the rough. Happy with the end result, everything was wrapped up start to finish probably under a month. Good experience, recommended.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #329
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82 View Post
+1 Pete Woods - via his rep Jerry at Serendipity. Open to concept, good communication, gave me a look at the rough. Happy with the end result, everything was wrapped up start to finish probably under a month. Good experience, recommended.
Thanks for the consistent posts & for keeping the art community in the loop. Glad to hear you had a nice experience with Pete/SAS. The art world needs more folks like them.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:15 PM   #330
CJ82

-1 John Stinsman - Took several months to get to my commission despite saying he was available. Art was lazy and below his usual standard. Never received the artwork, a couple emails went unanswered as to where the art was. Finally got a response saying he mailed it to the wrong address. Still have no art. Decided to wait a while before leaving a review in case the art showed up, done with waiting, bad experience, avoid.