Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-21-2016, 10:07 AM   #151
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Logged a couple hours into Far Harbor last night (couldn't get it to load night one) and am beyond impressed with it.

First off... the land mass is pretty damn big. Based on what I'm seeing I'd say there is at least 25-30 hrs of content here. Likely more for a player such as myself that likes to explore every angle and gets carried away building up settlements.

The setting is very atmospheric. In a lot of regards the narrative is quite different than what we've seen in the Commonwealth. The fog is almost a character in and of itself in Far Harbor and the inhabitants all seem to have a story that's a part of a bigger mystery. It's all very immersive and mysterious feeling like an expansion of some of the best aspects of the side quests, namely Nick Valentine's quest (one of my personal favorites.)

A few things I did before embarking on this quest given you're leaving the Commonwealth that I'd recommend others do as well...
  • make sure you take your most valued companion as you won't be able to switch up once you've sailed away.
  • take a good variety of weapons with you. Even though there are a few new powerful weapons exclusive to Far Harbor you'll only have access to what you take with you and the inhabitants of this island are pretty formidable.
  • take some bulk materials so you can build up your settlements quickly rather than relying on the resources around you. I haven't secured any settlements yet but think this plan will serve me well once I do.
Like I said I'm not too far into this DLC yet but it's pretty freakin' awesome. In a lot of ways I like the more focused (not to be mistaken with linear) objectives as opposed to very loose Commonwealth environment. Anyone that enjoys this game should invest in this DLC. Even at full price it's worth it. Just my 2 cents.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:02 PM   #152
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well I finally "beat" the main Fallout storyline. The ending was lackluster but I already know these games are about playing the game, not a huge ending. I doubt I will purchase the DLC. I seem to have a limit of how many hours I can put into a game and this one might just be about finished clocking in at about 81 hours.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:33 PM   #153
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

So nobody is really playing this anymore?

I'm having a blast with Far Harbor still. Lots of the issues with the main quest have been fixed here and I'd actually say it's a lot stronger experience as a result. That being said I'm playing on the XB1 and apparently this DLC has legit frame rate issues on the PS4 due to the fog that rolls over the entire island.

Console mods dropped on the XB1 the other day as well. I haven't dipped into them yet because I want to unlock as many achievements as possible first as mods will disable them, which makes sense as it could create an unfair advantage in obtaining some.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #154
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
So nobody is really playing this anymore?

I'm having a blast with Far Harbor still. Lots of the issues with the main quest have been fixed here and I'd actually say it's a lot stronger experience as a result. That being said I'm playing on the XB1 and apparently this DLC has legit frame rate issues on the PS4 due to the fog that rolls over the entire island.

Console mods dropped on the XB1 the other day as well. I haven't dipped into them yet because I want to unlock as many achievements as possible first as mods will disable them, which makes sense as it could create an unfair advantage in obtaining some.
I haven't played it in awhile, but I'm planning to get back into it soon. The DLC looks really intriguing and I'm happy that consoles are finally getting mods.

I'm also looking forward to the new content that was just announced. Nuka World looks too fun.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:42 AM   #155
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah, Nuka World sounds great! As does the rest of the DLC. I feel I definitely got my money's worth on this title, that's for sure.

On another note... Far Harbor is AWESOME! Any serious Fallout 4 fan skipping it is crazy. I'm still playing through and it's much bigger than I initially imagined. I easily have 30+ hrs invested so far. Granted I built a pretty magnificent settlement that rivals my best efforts in the Commonwealth but there are plenty of quests and a huge island to explore here.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:28 AM   #156
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I heard Far Harbor is excellent. I have taken a break from the game though. I beat it and it took about 100 hours which is just about my limit before I need to try something else. I'm playing Witcher 3 now which I hear is equally as long, so maybe when I'm done this one (In November) I'll go back and get into Far Harbor.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:05 AM   #157
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Better change your emblem Jones. Far Harbor didn't take long to get the achievements, all locations, marine suit, and missions. Take you a couple days. Great DLC.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote