Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-31-2019, 04:29 PM   #781
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Maybe the first one you loved, but that was not the OG goggles Catwoman. She had been appearing like that on Brubaker and Cooke's run on the 'Catwoman' series for about a year before.

Why exactly did that costume become "cliché", though? Because it was successful? That's like saying the 70's black costume we now identify Black Widow with is cliché.

I don't know, you could say you're fed up with it and would like to see her wearing her Jim Balent costume again, for instance, but... "cliché"? Would you rather see her changing her outfit every couple of issues like Wasp does? :-)

Edit: Unless you're talking collectibles strictly? (Not that "cliché" would sound more appropriate to me then, but I'd understand where you're coming from a little bit more.)
I'd pay an obscene amount of money for a fantastic fully sculpted 1/3 Balent costume Catwoman.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:32 PM   #782
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'd pay an obscene amount of money for a fantastic fully sculpted 1/3 Balent costume Catwoman.
While that costume is not my cup of tea, I once saw (from afar) a brilliant custom 1/3 statue of it made by some Argentinian guy that I would have loved to get my hands on.

Alas, it was just a personal project, not for sale.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:47 PM   #783
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
The more I look at these great pictures from Bruce Kyle, the more I want this statue! I'm so torn between wanting this, the Iron Studios 1/3 Batman Black and waiting for the HUSH Catwoman.

As of right now, I truly can't decide.
As someone who owns the Iron Studios 1:3 Batman Black I can say it’s the best Batman statue I’ve ever seen. Absolutely brilliant in every way. I’m so pleased I not only pre-ordered it but didn’t give into the temptation to cancel when it was continuously delayed. If I had to choose it over Catwoman it’s no contest, he’d win. That said I’m first and foremost a Batman fan and obviously don’t have P1’s Catwoman in hand to compare these side by side but I just don’t see how she could possibly beat him.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:48 PM   #784
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Speaking of customs, can someone please give me a quick rundown of what to expect on that?

So tomorrow I am (hopefully) having the XM Studios Samurai Batman delivered from Singapore. If there are customs charges (which I assume there will be?) do I pay this when it is delivered? Do they just give an invoice or something?
You’ll get a invoice/bill from your courier shortly after the package arrives. IIRC FedEx sent mine about a month later. I took my time paying it too.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:49 PM   #785
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
You’ll get a invoice/bill from your courier shortly after the package arrives. IIRC FedEx sent mine about a month later. I took my time paying it too.
Ok, thank you.

(Hopefully) Samurai Batman and SS Joker PF tomorrow. Should be a good time after work.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:10 PM   #786
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
As someone who owns the Iron Studios 1:3 Batman Black I can say it’s the best Batman statue I’ve ever seen. Absolutely brilliant in every way. I’m so pleased I not only pre-ordered it but didn’t give into the temptation to cancel when it was continuously delayed. If I had to choose it over Catwoman it’s no contest, he’d win. That said I’m first and foremost a Batman fan and obviously don’t have P1’s Catwoman in hand to compare these side by side but I just don’t see how she could possibly beat him.
THANK YOU for your input Hellboy! I regret not picking him up when he was available at SS and at the time, I didn't think I would need another Batman 1/3 due to me already having one, and several others on PO but after seeing reviews on YouTube and pictures circulating around the internet and on the Forum, I knew I had to have him! Lol.

Wish I would win the lottery already, that way these decisions wouldn't be so difficult!
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:13 PM   #787
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
U.S. and A.
USA shouldn't have any import fees on single statues.

Quote:
Sounds like something wasn't labeled correctly or Fedex is trying to pull one over on customers.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:59 PM   #788
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Well I guess if anything now people who have the Arkham Catwoman on PO from Sideshow will have the opportunity to definitively choose between this and the Hush Catwoman since it will be unveiled before these ship, which I imagine was not P1's intention.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:01 PM   #789
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Speaking of customs, can someone please give me a quick rundown of what to expect on that?

So tomorrow I am (hopefully) having the XM Studios Samurai Batman delivered from Singapore. If there are customs charges (which I assume there will be?) do I pay this when it is delivered? Do they just give an invoice or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
USA shouldn't have any import fees on single statues.

Sounds like something wasn't labeled correctly or Fedex is trying to pull one over on customers.
Well maybe I got screwed then. I ordered two statues from P1 direct at the same time and got hit by customs. Maybe FedEx extorted me because they considered it 2 pieces/ 1 shipment. Was my first time getting hit with fees.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:49 PM   #790
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

It depends on if Prime 1 classed it as a machine produced plastic figure or a handmade statuette. Was your charge about 5.3% of the statue price?
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote