Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 05-10-2023, 05:24 AM   #361
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I cannot imagine anyone ordering this, given the likeness to price ratio. Off.
Then again, there are fans, with deep pockets. I will probably end up eating my words.
Besides, this probably be the first and last life-size bust of the said character.
Nearly every silicone bust has had their detractors, and all have sold their fair share of units.

I've preordered every single MCU silicone bust since Queen's Spidey preorder, and there has always been comments here and there about the high price and lack of likeness for every single one.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 07:40 AM   #362
Kamxam
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

My main problem is that sometimes i'll talk myself out of buying a statue i like, then later on when it's sold out i end up buying it for usually a bit more than i could have originally.
Is the likeness for this bust there? For me, i like it. Which is why i want to get it. Others can do as they want.
Kamxam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 09:50 AM   #363
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Then again, there are fans, with deep pockets. I will probably end up eating my words.
Besides, this probably be the first and last life-size bust of the said character.
Is this a thing that has been mentioned re licences?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 11:51 AM   #364
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I've preordered every single MCU silicone bust since Queen's Spidey preorder, and there has always been comments here and there about the high price and lack of likeness for every single one.
I have a feeling that you are an exception, a minority of a handful of affluent collectors here, not the norm, Pheonixblazes.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 02:42 PM   #365
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
I won't argue the likeness with you as that aspect seems to be subjective somehow. But I think they've done very well with this piece. The dragons, pose, outfit, painted silicone, etc.

There may be another Daenerys bust in the future, but I doubt it'll be as well executed as this.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 02:52 PM   #366
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamxam View Post
My main problem is that sometimes i'll talk myself out of buying a statue i like, then later on when it's sold out i end up buying it for usually a bit more than i could have originally.
Is the likeness for this bust there? For me, i like it. Which is why i want to get it. Others can do as they want.
It is funny (not funny) when something sells out. The moment it sells out, you know you wanted it.
That is why i picked up the Sideshow Harley Quinn PF (with the melty base) recently, before it sold out (it is waitlisted).
I was on the fence for too long.

I wanted the Sideshow Aquaman PF, and it sold out way faster than i thought it would. It sold out so soon, i questioned if it sold so badly that Sideshow never made it to Batch 2 etc. I missed out
Maybe someday Sideshow will find one in their warehouse n a rare find moment
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 07:37 PM   #367
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I have a feeling that you are an exception, a minority of a handful of affluent collectors here, not the norm, Pheonixblazes.
My point was that every piece has been critiqued to no end, and nearly every piece does end up selling.

Essentially one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

Heck even one of the most critiqued pieces in recent memory, JND’s Arwen statue sells a significant portion of their edition size.

With sacrifice, it doesn’t take too much to buy one of these pieces. It’s just about what you’re willing to give up. Everyone’s priorities are somewhat different. You can be nuts like me, and live off of instant noodles, no holidays etc, or you can be a collector who only buys that one single piece every one or two years. It’s not like everyone buys multiple pieces a year.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 09:55 AM   #368
Irenicus
The Spirit

Quote:
I cannot imagine anyone ordering this, given the likeness to price ratio.
That is a pretty bold statement. People buy all sorts of statues with different price points and quality.

I have no interest in Busts or this piece, but I think the likeness is pretty close and, overall, this is a very detailed piece.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 12:39 PM   #369
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
With sacrifice, it doesn?t take too much to buy one of these pieces. It?s just about what you?re willing to give up. Everyone?s priorities are somewhat different. You can be nuts like me, and live off of instant noodles, no holidays etc, or you can be a collector who only buys that one single piece every one or two years. It?s not like everyone buys multiple pieces a year.
But you have most of the super expensive life-sized busts available out there, among other things. That's quite an achievement. An uncommon experience among most collectors here, I'd imagine.

Not everyone could do the same even they would choose to live off of instant noodles alone for a long time to come.

Admit it, you're among the lucky 1% of wealthy collectors here. There is no shame in being rich and being a big spender.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 04:11 PM   #370
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
That is a pretty bold statement. People buy all sorts of statues with different price points and quality.

I have no interest in Busts or this piece, but I think the likeness is pretty close and, overall, this is a very detailed piece.
There is no denying that the bust is indeed very detailed.
When i look at anything in this hobby that is based on an actor / actress, something has to click. With the Infinity Studios Daenerys, something failed to click. I admire their effort all the same. Given the high price point, the likeness needs to go up another 10%
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote