Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-12-2007, 02:56 AM   #41
Spatial.Archite
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
What a freakin jip! This DL crap is going to get so outta hand. They're robbing us gamers every chance they get. I love how it's in "packs" If you want one song you've gotta pay for the other two. It's like cable tv. 500 points? Get real. They ain't getting jack from me on this one. Keep in mind that 500 points is like $6. Highway robbery.
I grabbed the first pack as I love "Ace of Spades" and "Bark at the Moon", but that's all the songs I really care for out of the first three packs. I might buy a few packs here and there, but definitely not getting all of them.

As a side note, these are kind of expensive especially considering they're songs from the original Guitar Hero; I would have assumed they've made a good deal of money off of these songs already.
Spatial.Archite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:06 AM   #42
bat_collector
Galactus

don't count on it, they are always looking for more money
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #43
Spatial.Archite
U talkin' to me?

I doubt they'll make much money off of the downloadable content this way; it's simply too expensive. It's not a lot of money, but the content just doesn't have that high of a value in my opinion. On top of that, Guitar Hero III is just a few months away, I assume people who want new music will most likely just wait until the third installment.
Spatial.Archite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:14 AM   #44
CaptCracker
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatial.Archite View Post
I doubt they'll make much money off of the downloadable content this way; it's simply too expensive. It's not a lot of money, but the content just doesn't have that high of a value in my opinion. On top of that, Guitar Hero III is just a few months away, I assume people who want new music will most likely just wait until the third installment.
Yeah I was very surprised to hear about that too (GH3). Cant wait for that
But I downloaded all 3 packs, theres a few if us that play this game so the downloadable content will get some use.
CaptCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:38 PM   #45
Underdog07
Hercules

Played this game all day with some friends - much more fun than by myself. We all settled in on medium. It seemed unfair as 1 friend did not previously play guitar so we were able to school him a little.

To compare it to the real world, songs I actually know (or knew) how to play were much easier - obviously the fingering is different but knowing what to expect and the rhythm helped a lot. My two friends are now contemplating getting XBoxes to play this
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:05 PM   #46
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I bought this yesterday to cheer me up from my work related depression.

This game has me hooked. I played for five hours straight, then took some flexi leave to take the day off to play.

I'm half way through medium now, but the songs are getting pretty tough. Not to mention the fact that I am a little bit of a perfectionist freak, so anytime I get a dropped note in the first half of the song, i'll restart.

I had a little look at the extreme mode, I don't think I'll EVER be that good!
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote