Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 09-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #11
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Almost a tie but the edge goes to Koto because of the pose for the reasons Bulls mentioned.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:38 AM   #12
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Agree...Koto has the edge.
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #13
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

My wife actually prefers the Bowen. She likes the colors better; and according to her, it is more anatomically correct. You can't disagree with the Mrs. At least, in front of her.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #14
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Both are stunning!

I break it down like this

Bowen has the better colors

Koto has the better musculature....meaning I like the sculpt a little more. Has more details to look at.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #15
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I prefer the Bowen Juggy, hands down. It's an amazing sculpt, and radiates Juggernaut's raw power, IMO. I also prefer the face and helmet sculpt, as well as the colors on the Bowen sculpt. Lastly, the feet on the Koto piece just look too cartoonish in perspective to the rest of his body from some angles, IMO. They don't look as bad from some angles, but I just can't justify the expense anymore when I have a statue that I already like better. Both pieces have merit, and it really is a matter of personal taste.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:14 AM   #16
crankyjammies
I am da law!

I'm not going to be biased on the Koto Juggernaut just because it's the one I'm going to have. It's a tie for me. Both look great. Both also could be improved. They each have their own positives and negatives. For me, there's no clear winner here. They were made by two different sculptors and companies in two different styles, so the question for me is not really "Which is better?", it's "Which one do I prefer?".
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:41 AM   #17
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
I'm not going to be biased on the Koto Juggernaut just because it's the one I'm going to have. It's a tie for me. Both look great. Both also could be improved. They each have their own positives and negatives. For me, there's no clear winner here. They were made by two different sculptors and companies in two different styles, so the question for me is not really "Which is better?", it's "Which one do I prefer?".
I like your point of view!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #18
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
I agree, and that's what I was trying to say as well...though it may have been a bit more forcefully stated.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:36 AM   #19
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Call me a fanboy but when it comes down to these Juggernaut statues I do not think there is a winner and a loser. Both the BD Juggernaut as well as the Koto Juggernaut are awesome statues in their very own right and each of the statues is a very clear homerun.
The only clear winners here are all the fans and collectors who are able to add one or both of these fantastic statues to their collection.

The Juggernaut is IMHO one of the most unique characters in the MU and I just love the fact that more and more statues of the unstoppable force of nature are being released.

The more Juggernaut statues, the better... Make Mine Juggernaut!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #20
crankyjammies
I am da law!

I can't wait to have the Koto one in my collection. I hope it gets here before Christmas.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote