Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

» Spotlight
DGK Diamond Select Premier Black Panther Statue DGK Kotobukiya ArtFX Spiderman & Venom 1:6 Statues Dechirico Diamond Select Gwenpool Statue Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2019, 02:23 PM   #1001
grphyx1
Defenders
 
grphyx1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Where is the m***** f****** Flash?!?!
Well Samuel Jackson, he is still in concept. He will eventually make it to the line up.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #1002
Gothamite
Phoenix
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 12,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Well Samuel Jackson
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:15 PM   #1003
Demona
Phoenix
 
Demona's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dela-where??
Posts: 12,619
I mean, I get the Flash frustration and I'm not even a huge DC junkie.

Chad, continue to be a man of the people and move Flash up on the release schedule. Unless Poison Ivy is next....then her THEN Flash
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:15 PM   #1004
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Francesco Mattina, it is the variant cover for the upcoming Female Furies series.
I just read about him. He's getting some heat from other artists saying he's swiping art from them for covers and prints hes done for Marvel and DC.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:27 PM   #1005
grphyx1
Defenders
 
grphyx1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I mean, I get the Flash frustration and I'm not even a huge DC junkie.

Chad, continue to be a man of the people and move Flash up on the release schedule. Unless Poison Ivy is next....then her THEN Flash
You have to understand how hard it is to do a pose that hasn't really been done before, but still have it be something that looks dynamic and great on the shelf next to other characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
I just read about him. He's getting some heat from other artists saying he's swiping art from them for covers and prints hes done for Marvel and DC.
And this illustrates my point above. Nothing is new and there are only so many heroic poses out there that catch your eye. He may have stolen so art but the composition and color is amazing. Very few artists are that original in their poses (except brian stelfreeze. he da man)

edit - Okay I just went and read the article on bleeding cool. Some of Mattina's methods are extremely questionable and I can totally understand why other artists would be upset. Scandalous to say the least.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:49 PM   #1006
Shoo
S.H.I.E.L.D.
 
Shoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 7,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
edit - Okay I just went and read the article on bleeding cool. Some of Mattina's methods are extremely questionable and I can totally understand why other artists would be upset. Scandalous to say the least.
Lol, after reading that article myself, I was going to comment on your post, and then saw your edit.

That really is embarrassing.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #1007
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
You have to understand how hard it is to do a pose that hasn't really been done before, but still have it be something that looks dynamic and great on the shelf next to other characters.


And this illustrates my point above. Nothing is new and there are only so many heroic poses out there that catch your eye. He may have stolen so art but the composition and color is amazing. Very few artists are that original in their poses (except brian stelfreeze. he da man)
((Edit: Never mind you edited your post with the point I was going to make ))

Back to the point of the Flash, I agree with what your saying especially with Flash. The character is about speed and motion, so how do you represent that in a statue? Tons of statues out there of him running, some good some bad, but to me all still seem kind of awkward.

Something I don't think I've seen done before with him is maybe have him in a runner's stance, before he gets up to speed. Instead of all the lighting around him, maybe just hints of sparks as if he's about to start running. Maybe have the base be a open road, or maybe even a race track, like he's about to race Superman. Could even have the EX be a background add on to the base of the front page of the Daily Planet with the headline being Flash vs Superman, who's the fastest.

Downside is he'll be a little crouched where all the statues so far have been standing tall or flying.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #1008
Gothamite
Phoenix
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 12,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
Something I don't think I've seen done before with him is maybe have him in a runner's stance, before he gets up to speed. Instead of all the lighting around him, maybe just hints of sparks as if he's about to start running. Maybe have the base be a open road, or maybe even a race track, like he's about to race Superman. Could even have the EX be a background add on to the base of the front page of the Daily Planet with the headline being Flash vs Superman, who's the fastest.

Downside is he'll be a little crouched where all the statues so far have been standing tall or flying.
You mean like this?



The DC TV Grant Gustin statue is pretty nice. DC made a matching Reverse Flash as well. They're better than any other Flash statues I've seen in person.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:55 AM   #1009
Rexdriver
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 95
Shazam, Big Barda, Flash, Dr. Fate, Spectre, Atom please.
Rexdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:11 AM   #1010
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You mean like this?


Not really. Flash by him self in a runner stance, (the one they take before running that's slightly crouched). The road is correct, and the Daily Planet newspaper would be part of the base somewhere telling the story of the piece.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com