Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-28-2014, 01:30 AM   #1171
tuyethuy
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Here is my CM and PF punisher. Very happy with the pf, the face sculpt is incredible (just like hot toys sculpt). Clothing is very well fitted. Only complain is that the face is a bit dark. I think it is shadowing just like batman pf.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	punisher1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	82597   Click image for larger version

Name:	punisher2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	82598   Click image for larger version

Name:	punisher3.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	82599   Click image for larger version

Name:	punisher4.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	82600  
tuyethuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:54 AM   #1172
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Mine arrives tomorrow, took a day off 2 B @ home.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:23 AM   #1173
magneticsoul
A day without sunshine is like... night.

You mean punisher arm is bigger than gambit so its coat wont fit? Too bad that i ordered from retail so i still have to wait at least until april. I really thougt it would be cool to see punisher with coat like gambit

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
It won't fit, Gambit's arms are slimmer to fit into the trenchcoat.
magneticsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:21 AM   #1174
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuyethuy View Post
Here is my CM and PF punisher. Very happy with the pf, the face sculpt is incredible (just like hot toys sculpt). Clothing is very well fitted. Only complain is that the face is a bit dark. I think it is shadowing just like batman pf.
I think the dark complexion is intentional on the Punisher PF, he is from Italian descent born Francis Castiglione so his skin will have that Mediterranean hue.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:18 AM   #1175
09shabir
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

just received my punisher and let me say that to me it one of the best statue I have received from sideshow, it only has a black and white colour scheme but it very detailed, it has the best leather harness iv ever seen, it beat deadpool and I thought deadpool was awesome, cloths are really nice material and tight fitted it black so you can see the muscular really well but it amazing in person, wish it cam with 2 heads, got some stuff ima add to it so cant wait to do a review on him when it all finished, this statue for is contentder for best PF this year but it wont win as it will be forgotten about come this December lol peace
09shabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #1176
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

This was was done in the "intrinsic resin" for sure? Very cool if that is the case. Can one of you guys post a fairly tight close up of the face/skin on this one next to the face/skin of a traditional SSC PF?
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:40 AM   #1177
ambasah
Red Skull

I do not recall it being advertised as such. Maybe someone from SS can confirm?
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #1178
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
well based on all the latest awesome pics i finally gave in, transfered my nrd for the batman pf reg that i dont need anymore to this. i really like this piece, im going to try and put some pants on him because thats just my personal taste but really looking forward to what spazzy comes up with. with a bad ass gun in his left hand he will truly be a force to be reckoned with

thanks again for all the great pics guys!
Good call. I did the same thing. Batman has too many problems out of the box. This is cheaper and near perfect to it's prototype if you're a follower of Punisher. It's too good to pass up.

Bats can wait...there's like ten thousand of them or something. With that many, he's practically limitless. Besides, I wanna see what the repaint of the modern version will look like when they come out with it...and they will come out with it. SS just might fix all the problems with the repaint from what customers are experiencing nowadays from this cheap release.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #1179
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Good call. I did the same thing. Batman has too many problems out of the box. This is cheaper and near perfect to it's prototype if you're a follower of Punisher. It's too good to pass up.

Bats can wait...there's like ten thousand of them or something. With that many, he's practically limitless. Besides, I wanna see what the repaint of the modern version will look like when they come out with it...and they will come out with it. SS just might fix all the problems with the repaint from what customers are experiencing nowadays from this cheap release.
I don't want to turn this into a Batman PF bashing because it's a great piece, but after seeing the tailoring on the Punisher in person, I'm happy to pass on the Batman and wait for something else. The Punisher doesn't have the size or intricacy of the Batman PF, but the quality of the piece, from the paint to the tailoring, is beyond reproach, and I just can't say the same for Bats.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #1180
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I don't want to turn this into a Batman PF bashing because it's a great piece, but after seeing the tailoring on the Punisher in person, I'm happy to pass on the Batman and wait for something else. The Punisher doesn't have the size or intricacy of the Batman PF, but the quality of the piece, from the paint to the tailoring, is beyond reproach, and I just can't say the same for Bats.
You're right, I don't mean to slam it and turn this into a Vs thread. The last thing I want are current Bats owners to feel butthurt about buying it. I do like it as well, but it just has too many initial flaws that don't measure up to the prototype.

It sucks because I really wanted it, but I've always been and always will be about quality first and since I'm a Punisher fan also, this one definitely doesn't disappoint. I can't say the same for Batman.

It also sucks, because I'll always miss out on EX's due to the fact that I wait for in-hand pics to come first before making a decision to go with it and buy it. It's just the way I roll with statues. It sucks, but it works for me.

I don't mind waiting for a better Sideshow Batman PF to come out. Like I said, hopefully SS is resilient enough, and acknowledges the initial mistakes made with this release and corrects them for the repaint version. Batman is my favorite, and the new the new Keaton Bats looks fantastic, but I'll wait for in-hand pics for that one too.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote