Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-18-2020, 05:53 PM   #1291
darkblack
Doh!

Has anyone felt the need to repaint the skin parts, to fix the tone? Anyone got that done?
darkblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:34 PM   #1292
Breakspear
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic Ho View Post
Has anyone had any issues with leaning on this guy? Im considering him, but since he's only connected on one leg I am hesitant.
Nothing at all. He's in there solid and doesn't even wobble if you try to move his body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblack View Post
Has anyone felt the need to repaint the skin parts, to fix the tone? Anyone got that done?
Hasn't bothered me since day 1, to be honest.
Breakspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #1293
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Paint is perfect because it’s based on God of a Thunder Esad Ribic art. He uses those tones all the time in his stories . Hands down best story and art of Thor ever done . The God Butcher nuff said!

As for leaning, zero issues . The statue is amazing
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:57 PM   #1294
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Paint is perfect because it’s based on God of a Thunder Esad Ribic art. He uses those tones all the time in his stories . Hands down best story and art of Thor ever done . The God Butcher nuff said!

As for leaning, zero issues . The statue is amazing
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:37 PM   #1295
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Yeah, always dug this sculpt but the fab cape holds me back. I know some display him without, but I need a fully sculpted, caped Thor. But a beautifully designed action Thor, ringing Bels.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:08 AM   #1296
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Yeah, always dug this sculpt but the fab cape holds me back. I know some display him without, but I need a fully sculpted, caped Thor. But a beautifully designed action Thor, ringing Bels.
I am the same way. The fabric cape is complete garbage, just a wrinkled mess. I should not have to "steam" and mess with the cape for a long period of time to get it to look good. It is just cutting corners by Sideshow in my opinion.

I am one of the people that just display him without his cape. The statue is absolutely amazing and no one even notices he is not wearing a cape. This is the only Thor I will need in my collection, the rest have been sold.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #1297
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

The nice part of displaying Thor with no cape is it’s still comic accurate as he many times in Ribic art is not wearing the cape . It would have been great to have sculpted cape but it’s weight concern or possible cracking over time . If they use diff material like pvc like material we may not like that either . I would have loved to see metal hammers as it is a PF and XM always does metal parts on their weapons . It’s a classy touch
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:08 AM   #1298
Bladerunna
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
The nice part of displaying Thor with no cape is it’s still comic accurate as he many times in Ribic art is not wearing the cape . It would have been great to have sculpted cape but it’s weight concern or possible cracking over time . If they use diff material like pvc like material we may not like that either . I would have loved to see metal hammers as it is a PF and XM always does metal parts on their weapons . It’s a classy touch
Occassionally I use a fabric protector for the cape, it will greatly prevent the fabric from fraying and deteriorating. I highly recommend it.
Bladerunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:18 PM   #1299
zulcadore
Frackin!

Hi guys , can anyone tell me the shiping weight ( not asking product weight ) PLEASE ?
zulcadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:24 PM   #1300
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulcadore View Post
Hi guys , can anyone tell me the shiping weight ( not asking product weight ) PLEASE ?
34 pounds
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote