Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #81
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
He looks good! I love the colour scheme the pose and the base has nice small details on it. He is a good companion piece to other statues of this line especially with ivy. They should redo one of the unhooded head. I find its to similar to the other unhooded head, at first i thought there where only two heads.

I cant find the image, but in the very beginning there was a image of horse batman with deathstroke and robin. In that image robin has a hood with a pinocchio mask, that head was a mysterious combination of normal robin with some samurai style of this line. Would love to have that head option.

That one. Would love it too.

XM Samurai pieces needs heads with demon masks, would be awesome.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #82
Peedi
The Secret Six

I like the hooded head but it’s very normal looking. I think I’d display the shaved sides head most of the time. While I want a classic Robin to pair with my Batman 1/4 I don’t want this to be a substitute for lack of sideshow getting on their job and making a proper Robin instead of the millionth or unlooked for whoever else. The more samurai, ninja-ey these are, the better. Dive all in.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #83
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Preorders are up for this one and while i like it overall, the price is just too crazy for a 1/4 statue in my opinion (so I'm passing).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:04 AM   #84
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next DC Premium Collectibles series statue, Robin! Immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish. This unique line is a result of creative collaboration between Warner Bros. Consumer Products and XM Studios to showcase the Batman universe in exotic settings as you’ve never seen.

Every kid wants to be Batman, but do you have a lifetime of training? A billion-dollar fortune? The dream gets dashed pretty quickly. So OK, maybe you can’t be Batman… but that doesn’t mean you can’t be adopted by him. And just like that, Robin the Boy Wonder made the kid sidekick an icon."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:03 AM   #85
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Ordered this guy from Spec Fiction. I like the SSC Robin statue but I feel this one is more realistic. Also, I love the pose and the paints on the costume. The hooded head is what I'll use and to me, this is a close representation of Damian, especially with the sword and batarang look.

I was thinking about getting the SSC one and having him as Tim. Probably depends on price.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:45 PM   #86
Asgard
Deadman

ES 358

I'm curious to see if Robin will be shipped before Harley.
With Robin and Nightwing, my Samurai Bat family is complete.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:21 PM   #87
markdz
Frackin!

i also have robin and knight-wing and excited to have them next to batman. i couldn't pull trigger on Harley. she is wonderful, the background elements is not. doesn't resonate as 'samurai culture. its more italy, nightclub'ish to me.
markdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:07 PM   #88
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
ES 358

I'm curious to see if Robin will be shipped before Harley.
With Robin and Nightwing, my Samurai Bat family is complete.
I think the initial Robin projections were Jan 2021 but I have a feeling this is being pushed way back as XM has pushed up the production of both Thanos/Death and Batman/Joker Samurai pieces (which had PO's WAY later than Robin). By the way, I have this one ordered so I'm excited to get it in hand. Nice low ES on this one - woo hoo.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:55 PM   #89
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I think the initial Robin projections were Jan 2021 but I have a feeling this is being pushed way back as XM has pushed up the production of both Thanos/Death and Batman/Joker Samurai pieces (which had PO's WAY later than Robin).
I don't think it's okay that XM pushes these statues and leaves others on hold. The order sould be followed. Many would have their Doc Ock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Nice low ES on this one - woo hoo.
woo hoo
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:50 PM   #90
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Ang Seng

"Production sample for me to approve before going into production..." Ang Seng.

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote