Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-09-2020, 06:01 PM   #21
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBirkin62 View Post
add an additional 7% for me. good thing im basically done just waiting for some points to convert to buy something then im out.
Try 20% for the best part of a decade. I'd take 7% in a heartbeat
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:12 PM   #22
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Try 20% for the best part of a decade. I'd take 7% in a heartbeat
I'm sure many (obviously not all) people would trade tax rates with you if they could also get the services you receive that we don't get.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:13 PM   #23
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
I'm sure many (obviously not all) people would trade tax rates with you if they could also get the services you receive that we don't get.
This thread is on shaky ground already lol. Please don't push it towards those types of responses.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:15 PM   #24
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
This thread is on shaky ground already lol. Please don't push it towards those types of responses.
Relax.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:16 PM   #25
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Thankfully Montana doesn’t have sales tax, but I can barely keep up with the price hikes as it is. I don’t know how the rest of you can keep going with taxes factored in now too.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:30 PM   #26
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yes you have a point. Lets not head down the political path. Thanks for pointing that out MVA.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:58 PM   #27
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I know that any of us that collect these expensive statues will still buy them, however I do believe these increases will stop a lot of collectors from buying the borderline statues that they just sorta like but dont love
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:16 PM   #28
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I know that any of us that collect these expensive statues will still buy them, however I do believe these increases will stop a lot of collectors from buying the borderline statues that they just sorta like but dont love
That, in my opinion at least, is not a bad thing.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:21 PM   #29
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

You want to talk taxes come to Canada fellow Americans . We get slaughtered up north . One of the most heavily taxed nations in the world . Import duty is extra lmao!

I still manage ( hate the government muttered the statue collector under his breath ) . Sigh ... that felt great .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:22 PM   #30
Peedi
The Secret Six

Patience will be key over the next few years. Prices have been going up over the past few years. Taxes are now affecting more purchasing decisions. At the same time many characters now have a lot of options to collect (Spider-Man, Wolverine, etc). A lot of statues are sitting, at retail and aftermarket. A number of them can be purchased for less than retail on aftermarket, they aren’t holding their value. Of course there’s exceptions and many statues do go up in value still. But while prices increase, over saturation is starting. All the while, sculpting and engineering have hit a new stage of maturity, but QC continues to vary. The consumer has many things to weigh to determine if making a purchase is of true value to them.

The thing that sucks is how different factors influence the production company’s character decisions...it’ll be harder for some characters to get made as prices rise for consumers due to however many factors (in this case taxes) and as a result consumers get more conservative in spending habits. Years ago these statues cost less, and more purchases were made. At some point balancing the bottom line with higher costs between less sales isn’t going to be enough to maintain. It’ll be interesting to see how a company like sideshow will adjust to that. Something will need to be scaled back.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote