Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2023, 04:27 AM   #281
Pharmer
The Herculoids
 
Pharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Sesame St
Posts: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I guess compared to a more realistic statue her skin is going to look a little flat, but as a statue of a video game character I feel like you can't really make a better Ivy statue than this. It isn't overdesigned whatsoever. There aren't random details just for the sake of having details (Prime 1 hello). I am 100% satisfied with how she turned out.
Totally agree?she?s just a perfect representation of Ivy. For all of you thinking of getting her regular version from SSC, I hope she goes on a daily deal so you can get an awesome statute at a great price!
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 03:31 PM   #282
KiDDo
Justice League
 
KiDDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Earth-666
Posts: 252
From all your photos she looks really good and I agree on the paint app, it's fiiting for a video game character. I doubt this will go on sale here in Germany, but you never know. Faye Valentine did, but I passed on her. Even a 30% discount on SSC will unfortunately be "useless" due to the shipping costs for 1/4 stuff (plus taxes and custom fees).
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 03:29 AM   #283
Pharmer
The Herculoids
 
Pharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Sesame St
Posts: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDDo View Post
From all your photos she looks really good and I agree on the paint app, it's fiiting for a video game character. I doubt this will go on sale here in Germany, but you never know. Faye Valentine did, but I passed on her. Even a 30% discount on SSC will unfortunately be "useless" due to the shipping costs for 1/4 stuff (plus taxes and custom fees).
Wow?even a 30% discount is negated by taxes and fees?that?s horrid! I felt a bit of that when I had PCS Chun Li shipped to Canada (tail end of the pandemic border lockdown); she was technically $0 as I used RPs and thought only the shipping would be a bit higher even though I?m close to the border. They dinged me at 100% retail value for taxes and customs so I?m never doing that again!
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 02:10 PM   #284
KiDDo
Justice League
 
KiDDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Earth-666
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
Wow?even a 30% discount is negated by taxes and fees?that?s horrid! I felt a bit of that when I had PCS Chun Li shipped to Canada (tail end of the pandemic border lockdown); she was technically $0 as I used RPs and thought only the shipping would be a bit higher even though I?m close to the border. They dinged me at 100% retail value for taxes and customs so I?m never doing that again!
Unfortunately, yes. I've had multiple in-stock 1/4 pieces in my cart already and shipping for those is always in the 120-200 range. Put roughly 20% taxes and custom fees on top and the discount is gone^^
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 04:40 PM   #285
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
JanuaryStorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 207
Just got mine yesterday. They had the whip sword folded in such a way that the metal bits (the parts that aren't supposed to bend) were warped and curved. I had to use a heat gun on them and bend them straight.

Other than that (and a gem that apparently didn't have any glue on it) I really like this piece. I paired it with my other battle babes, looks great! ^.^
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:05 AM   #286
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
ivory7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
Just got mine yesterday. They had the whip sword folded in such a way that the metal bits (the parts that aren't supposed to bend) were warped and curved. I had to use a heat gun on them and bend them straight.

Other than that (and a gem that apparently didn't have any glue on it) I really like this piece. I paired it with my other battle babes, looks great! ^.^
what other battle babes you have.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 12:55 PM   #287
Pharmer
The Herculoids
 
Pharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Sesame St
Posts: 486
https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...figures-909815

Crazy deal for such a great statue!!! I’d be all over this if I didn’t already have the definitive version!!!
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 06:59 PM   #288
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot
 
Gyro Zeppeli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,624
She's well worth it for that price especially. I noticed she didn't seem to sell very well in general. I wonder if this line is going to go dormant for the time being.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 07:10 PM   #289
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member
 
ZenLogikos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
She's well worth it for that price especially. I noticed she didn't seem to sell very well in general. I wonder if this line is going to go dormant for the time being.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 08:15 PM   #290
Pharmer
The Herculoids
 
Pharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Sesame St
Posts: 486
Still have about 100 RPs to use and if I didn?t have her already, it would have cost less than half what I paid; however, I would still take the definitive as the base and whip are just too iconic!!! Hard to believe this 30% discount takes the price back down to over a decade ago when PF?s were much simpler with sloppy, bleeding paint apps. It?s a sign of the times that we are all forced to cut back especially on wants. Unfortunately, this means a lot of products will never see the light of day when the weak demand exposes a line?s risks.
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com