Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-21-2023, 02:25 PM   #861
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Well, I suppose if they did release a "green" version, which is a version I would NOT prefer, I suppose I would grab her as I don't have a 1/4 scale Ivy regardless.

Is there not another possibility for a variant edition that could be done other than painting her skin green..?

Maybe a different portrait....or something different to the base...? I don't know......

Considering the OG was a skin change and a couple of plant changes as well, doesn't seem too original.

But again, that's just my opinion I suppose.

Just thoughts......
Being original doesn't pay the bills. Tried and tested repaints are the order of the day as far as ivy is concerned. As you say, you'd buy it even though you don't prefer it, so why do they need to be original?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 02:46 PM   #862
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

yea, I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Being original doesn't pay the bills. Tried and tested repaints are the order of the day as far as ivy is concerned. As you say, you'd buy it even though you don't prefer it, so why do they need to be original?
good point about being original doesn't always pay the bills.

Selling statues does.

So, I am still dumfounded by how SS only sold 250 of Ivy. I imagine there were some folks who used points and discounts so I can't imagine that each person who got one paid full price.

If that's the case then, SS must be doing REALLY WELL to not worry about the potential money they 'could have made' if they announced more.

How many more.....? Well, we'll never know now.

But yea, I gets it....it's all about da' money.

So I guess they have lots. LOL.

Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 02:02 AM   #863
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

How much potential money you think they are losing sleep over on this? Someone else mentioned most of the PO’s on this they probably got right away then they dried up. We know they could have sold one more, to you at a RP discount. I doubt it’s keeping them up at night.

I don’t mean to come across as I’m picking on you Onewiththeforce, I’m just genuinely curious what this signals going forward. I don’t think sales are anywhere close to what they were two years ago, and what that will mean for the hobby. I mean they didn’t even do 12 days and that had been a tradition.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 02:58 AM   #864
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Doubt they are happy with selling only 250 statues. Plain and simple they are doing this to do a "reset." To get potential buyers to commit right away instead of waiting around for a discount.
Sideshow knows what there doing. Most of you have been complaining about edition sizes for years.so im glad They finally did it so y'all can stop whining about it as I got tired of reading about it.

Also, all they have to do is jack up the prices like Prime 1 and XM to make up for the lost revenue. They also won't take the hit with so many unsold pieces either so for y'all this should be a win/win situation. As for Ivy, im sure they weren't going to set the es so low initially. Was probably a last second decision as they got tired of taking L's.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 04:51 AM   #865
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
Sideshow knows what there doing. Most of you have been complaining about edition sizes for years.so im glad They finally did it so y'all can stop whining about it as I got tired of reading about it.

Also, all they have to do is jack up the prices like Prime 1 and XM to make up for the lost revenue. They also won't take the hit with so many unsold pieces either so for y'all this should be a win/win situation. As for Ivy, im sure they weren't going to set the es so low initially. Was probably a last second decision as they got tired of taking L's.
Might be an unpopular opinion but I agree

Collectors are so entitled sometimes, and think they know how businesses should be ran. Always comes down to the bottom line, if you like it, pay for it. If you don't, talk with your wallet
Old 03-22-2023, 08:29 AM   #866
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:

Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 09:31 AM   #867
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:

Collectors are so entitled sometimes, and think they know how businesses should be ran. Always comes down to the bottom line, if you like it, pay for it. If you don't, talk with your wallet
All of this.

At times level of entitlement and grandstanding within this community (not on here) is beyond obnoxious and ignorant.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 10:46 AM   #868
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
All of this.

At times level of entitlement and grandstanding within this community (not on here) is beyond obnoxious and ignorant.

I find it interesting that people think because the fandom is toxic that then you can turn around and make a ----ty decisions back to all your customers and take the stance of "well this is what you all get now, good for sideshow".

How folks don't see this as ---- communication is odd. Maybe a bit of arrogance on sideshow's part, I get sales are slowing but there are better ways to signal to your customer base that you can't just wait for a discount anymore.

I didn't get one but i'm not losing any sleep over it, I just want sideshow to communicate better moving forward, everyone should to.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 10:56 AM   #869
generalszabo

Yes we all want good communication but we're talking about those who take it too far like an entitlement that they should get whatever they want. I do not think sideshow are arrogant like JND for example, but I also don't think they're my best friend and need to please my every whim. I understand they are a company who makes business decisions, and if I like a piece I'll buy it. I don't have loyalty to any company particularly, it's about the final product to me. In an ideal world it would be different, but it's not
Old 03-22-2023, 11:15 AM   #870
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

exactly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I find it interesting that people think because the fandom is toxic that then you can turn around and make a ----ty decisions back to all your customers and take the stance of "well this is what you all get now, good for sideshow".

How folks don't see this as ---- communication is odd. Maybe a bit of arrogance on sideshow's part, I get sales are slowing but there are better ways to signal to your customer base that you can't just wait for a discount anymore.

I didn't get one but i'm not losing any sleep over it, I just want sideshow to communicate better moving forward, everyone should to.
agreed. clear communication and some transparency is what i believe most hope for.
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote