Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 06-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #411
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'm a bit nervous about this detail on my helmet. You guys see the long horizontal line running right in the center of the right cheek, do you see this on your mask, could it be part of the sculpt?
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #412
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I'm not a Vader expert but I'm kind of sure that is a part of the sculpt. It is supposed to look like the original helmet with ALL THE DENTS AND WARPS And it doesn't even has all those since even the Legend has a cleanup.

When you'll see a real Stormtrooper helmet with all its flaws then you know this is how Star Wars was made.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #413
Darth Mystery
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
I'm not a Vader expert but I'm kind of sure that is a part of the sculpt. It is supposed to look like the original helmet with ALL THE DENTS AND WARPS And it doesn't even has all those since even the Legend has a cleanup.

When you'll see a real Stormtrooper helmet with all its flaws then you know this is how Star Wars was made.
you probably have to throw the bucket from 4 high on the street a few times to get the original Darth Vader bucket

On topic, no worries MK i have seen more pics with the same marks so it must be on all Legends.
However i have seen some with flaws on top of the dome cause of the styrofoam.

Anyway if you are not satisfied with it i'd be happy to take it off you for let's say $ 600,00
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #414
SWC
Doh!

I haven't seen such a detail on other Legends.

Is it in the casting or is it (just) paint?
SWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #415
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
the edition number does not correlate to or have anything to do with the actual production run. this is the case for almost every statue and prop replica producer. not sure what the big deal is...
well i was under the impression that it was..i always thought that the serial number i was receiving was the number that was made in sequence with the edition size as they were pulled from the mold. thought this with every numbered collectible. could have been easily done just by marking the number inside the domes and face plates and logging them. but supposedly not after what i was told. so the numbers that are on the collectibles are just the number of the collectible as it comes down the production line no matter if it is made up with the first pull or the last pull of the collectible component .oh well. guess you learn new things everyday. the helmets sill look amazing.. specially for a mass produced collectible such as this lid.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #416
WarMachine
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

can some kind souls please comfirm?

did the flaws in the legend edition got fixxed?

so there will be all sorts of flaws in the limited edition that was found in the original mold?

WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:25 AM   #417
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
can some kind souls please comfirm?

did the flaws in the legend edition got fixxed?

so there will be all sorts of flaws in the limited edition that was found in the original mold?

supposedly the flaws did not get fixed in the Legend.

and no. there shouldn't be all sorts of flaws on the limited. they supposedly fixed all those on the limited to give it a more idealized clean look.

here is a link to their site...http://www.efxcollectibles.com/c-11-istar-warsi.aspx
Old 06-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #418
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well i was under the impression that it was..i always thought that the serial number i was receiving was the number that was made in sequence with the edition size as they were pulled from the mold. thought this with every numbered collectible. could have been easily done just by marking the number inside the domes and face plates and logging them. but supposedly not after what i was told. so the numbers that are on the collectibles are just the number of the collectible as it comes down the production line no matter if it is made up with the first pull or the last pull of the collectible component .oh well. guess you learn new things everyday. the helmets sill look amazing.. specially for a mass produced collectible such as this lid.
no worries. I've been at this for 15 years and am still learning
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #419
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
no worries. I've been at this for 15 years and am still learning
right on man.. thanks

ive always wanted to be a high end collector..just couldn't afford it when i was younger..now that im older i can.. ive always loved t star wars ever since i was 7. and have been a huge fan ever since..so its kind of a childhood dream of mine having this helmet...

I WANT MORE!!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #420
ambasah
Red Skull

yeah, it certainly is an addiction. I hope efx release some OT buckets next. I would love at at-at driver and snowtrooper in addition to the announced scouttrooper.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote