Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-08-2019, 09:27 AM   #2461
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
HA! Again, you see something different. Enjoy your alien/gorgon.
You ignore the fact that Lucy Liu as eyes at an angle?
And you ignore that Sonoya has the same jawline, eyes height and cheekbones?

If you see a weird Alien in it, your imagination is taking control of you, look at it with your mind, not your runaway imagination, because that is based off fallacy in your memories formed by past experiences.
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:29 AM   #2462
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
I think Lucy Lui is a stunningly beautiful woman and Psylocke is...well...not.
I only hear statements, and zero arguments, my comparison between Psylocke, Mizuno and Lucy is far more in depth then any of the Psylocke haters have given.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:34 AM   #2463
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
I only hear statements, and zero arguments, my comparison between Psylocke, Mizuno and Lucy is far more in depth then any of the Psylocke haters have given.
I'm not hating anything, but I still say I don't see any comparison between the two, you obviously see something I don't.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:35 AM   #2464
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
You're right. she's stunning! she's gorgeous! How did you ever find all those convincing pictures. I just went ahead and ordered 4 of her to display at all angles. thank you so much for your in depth views. My eyes were useless till you opened them and Sideshow should hire you to do all the product descriptions.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #2465
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
I'm not hating anything, but I still say I don't see any comparison between the two, you obviously see something I don't.
My observation is purely semantic, i compared all the facial features of Mizuno and Lucy.
These two woman combined have the exact features Psylocke has in her portrait.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #2466
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
You're right. she's stunning! she's gorgeous! How did you ever find all those convincing pictures. I just went ahead and ordered 4 of her to display at all angles. thank you so much for your in depth views. My eyes were useless till you opened them and Sideshow should hire you to do all the product descriptions.
I am not telling you that you must like her portrait, but the claim that she doesnt look Asian is based on nothing.

Its purely an amalgam of people who think she doesnt look pretty, who all have their own interpretation of how she looks, that unanimously decided she doesnt look asian. based on nothing but personal taste.

I simply dont like that, as its not logical.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #2467
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
My observation is purely semantic, i compared all the facial features of Mizuno and Lucy.
These two woman combined have the exact features Psylocke has in her portrait.
I can only go by what I see and I'm sorry but I obviously see it differently to you, we can only agree to disagree.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #2468
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
I can only go by what I see and I'm sorry but I obviously see it differently to you, we can only agree to disagree.
I can disagree with you in my favor as long as i dont hear any arguments.
I dont think shes pretty is not an argument, its a statement.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:56 AM   #2469
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post

Go find me an asian that looks like psylocke, i’ll wait.

Sonoya Mizuno would be offended. Sonoya also has a wider nose, fuller lips, face isn't as long and eyes aren't at that much of an angle, different eyebrows and pretty much a different face.

What is going on here, I feel like i'm in an episode of the twilight zone.

I've asked the same thing in this thread, and all of the people claiming she looks Asian have yet to provide a single picture of an Asian woman that looks anything like this portrait.

Lucy Liu? Are you kidding me? God, I cannot imagine how offended she might be if she knew she was being compared to this.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #2470
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
I am not telling you that you must like her portrait, but the claim that she doesnt look Asian is based on nothing.

Its purely an amalgam of people who think she doesnt look pretty, who all have their own interpretation of how she looks, that unanimously decided she doesnt look asian. based on nothing but personal taste.

I simply dont like that, as its not logical.
Isn't that what this whole collecting industry is based on? personal taste. You can make you claims till you are blue in the face it will not convince anyone that this thing looks like any of the people you have mentioned because their taste are obviously different than yours. We don't have to like her. You like her. You buy her. Simple.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote