Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2015, 01:17 PM   #21
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I feel your pain. I was "cut loose" from my dream job, was at my firm for 4 years and moved my family for this position, due to a 3-way merger. New team came in and many of us went out. It was sudden, unexpected and unfair. But it happened.

I'm doing odd work to keep busy while looking for my next thing. But I agree with Underdog if you can swing it. Don't just take any job. Take some time to find something that excites you and where you'll be happy. Of course, it all depends on your financial situation and how much time you can afford. I've been working over 30 years, most of that in management, and I'm grateful while also nervous, about my situation.

As for depression, it's natural to have highs and lows. My experience is that keeping busy helps, but the lows can come even when busy, at least in my case. Accept that it's part of the process, it's okay, and the lows can be low without being actual depression. Talk to family and friends. It really does help.

I also agree with the point about having paid into UI, and that it forces you to keep looking to receive it, so it's not really a handout at all.

All the best to you
Thanks bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Hey there, I've been dealing with depression for nearly 2 decades now. The main thing about depression is that it makes you lose all motivation to do anything. When mine is at its worst, I'll spend all day in bed because I don't even have the energy to move.

While it's possible to get depression from something as soul shattering as this, it's also entirely possible that it won't hit you at all. Depression is getting more common nowadays, but's not always inevitable. I hope for your sake that you don't get it. I have been fighting this nearly my entire life, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Like others have said, the most important thing is to stay busy. If you keep to yourself and stay inside all day, you'll just be miserable. Make plans, try to connect with old friends, just do anything to make sure you're getting the most out of life. I know things are difficult right now, but trust me when I say that things will improve.

Good luck, and please feel free to message me if you have any questions.
I always try to stay up beat. Its the type of person I am. Thanks for advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
just my 2 cents

get a job you love. i LOVE my job. whether i work 5 days a week or 7 i don't care its not work for me. i figured i'm not going to win lottery and i'm not bill gates to know how to make multi millionaire investments so i need a job i love to do until i retire. i always say to people don't waste your time and life, if you know you got to work you better damn sure love it. i set my own hours, days i work and government pays all my expenses on my job cant beat that. not too many people i know can go to a top restaurant rack up a 300.00 bill and have the government pay for it. now i need to find a way for them to pay for my statues.
Absolutely true. You should love what you are paid to do. A lot of people don't. I am sticking with my guns to be selective and pick the company I want to work for.....
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:34 PM   #22
VS1976

Well on another news.. Yesterday I did an interview for a job suits me just perfectly. She even asked me about (advise) on the products they where selling (test). I believe I did really well as the interviewer actually said she "liked" me and that I should meet the President of the company sooner then later.

I was really hesitant of giving my salary as it is above market rate. But she didn't seem to be fazed by it. Really hope I get this job as it actually fits my experience perfectly. Just one more stage to go.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #23
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
just my 2 cents

get a job you love. i LOVE my job. whether i work 5 days a week or 7 i don't care its not work for me. i figured i'm not going to win lottery and i'm not bill gates to know how to make multi millionaire investments so i need a job i love to do until i retire. i always say to people don't waste your time and life, if you know you got to work you better damn sure love it. i set my own hours, days i work and government pays all my expenses on my job cant beat that. not too many people i know can go to a top restaurant rack up a 300.00 bill and have the government pay for it. now i need to find a way for them to pay for my statues.
Our tax dollars at work.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:23 PM   #24
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Our tax dollars at work.
Think he is from another country so tax dollars are saved lol
Old 01-12-2021, 11:47 AM   #25
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Hot damn!!!

I started reading this thread, and got deep into it (3 pages) - until the end when I realized this is almost 6 years old.....

So this is why people hate Necro-posts
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:50 AM   #26
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I think the sad thing is that this thread is even more relevant now and affects many more people today than it did 6 years ago when it was started.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:30 PM   #27
ukshaun
Hercules

wrong thread
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:31 PM   #28
SDguy

Wow, this thread is a spam magnet.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:26 PM   #29
RoseParr
Doh!

It generally depends when the job loss depression usually hits. In some cases right after you get fired, you start to feel an enormous emptiness in your body. In other cases at first you feel some kind of liberation, and after a couple of days you wake up with the fact that you are unemployed. For other persons, the job loss depression starts when their money is slowly disappearing. In some extremely rare moments, those who get fired are extremely happy. Either way, it varies to everybody how they react to losing their job. So it is down to you, whether you feel happy or sad. I hope I answered your question. Goodbye!
RoseParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:53 PM   #30
TheBishop
Justice League

Ummmkay so like I’m scrolling through the new posts on threads relating to statues and somehow I end up on this random thread … Out of morbid curiosity I start skimming through what seems to be some really depressing shi+ that reminds me of the 2020 shhhi+show and its ongoing sequel in 2021 - so much so Im in 29 posts deep and totally forget I’m on statueforum.com … I’m now depressed and I think I will seek therapy on a different thread -
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote