Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-04-2021, 01:13 PM   #981
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Based on the responses in this thread, I am getting the feeling that this line isn't really all that great. I'd like an updated opinion from people before I shovel out $600.00 if at all possible. lol
Opinions are relative. I would just watch unboxing videos and reviews on youtube if you were on the fence. See if that helps. I think BP and Thanos from the currently released look great. Also think Captain Marvel will look really good. Cap I think looks like trash and Black Widow too cartoony. So hit or miss, but again I own none of them, so just my opinion.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:37 PM   #982
French Cancan
Deadman

One of my sons received a first BW with broken parts. Then a second with broken parts. Then a third... with broken parts. Sideshow didn’t ask him to send them back or destroy them.
Finally, he was able to build his BW with pieces from the three statues....
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:34 PM   #983
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Based on the responses in this thread, I am getting the feeling that this line isn't really all that great. I'd like an updated opinion from people before I shovel out $600.00 if at all possible. lol
I think if your interested in collecting the line you will be spending money on some pieces that just aren't that great and Sideshow wont go very deep. I like what Iron Studios is doing in their 1/10 scale with better bang for the buck. Just my opinion....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:04 PM   #984
Andres
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
I have Cap, Ex Thor, Hulk and I'm waiting for IM.
I used to collect HT, Kotobukiya and IS pieces.
And I loved them, specially due to the price point compared to a PF, It's almost the same as a 1/6 scale piece from other companies.
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 06:54 AM   #985
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
One of my sons received a first BW with broken parts. Then a second with broken parts. Then a third... with broken parts. Sideshow didn’t ask him to send them back or destroy them.
Sideshow didn't ask me to destroy or send them back either with my Black Widow....
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:22 AM   #986
Toefur
Frackin!

Just opened my Black Window and was surprised to see her arm broken off. I've had broken Sideshow statues before but usually it's something small like a hair part or bandana. This is the first time I've had a rather large part like an arm being broken. I don't even know how that happens unless whoever was boxing them didn't hear the snap. Hoping I can get a replacement.
Toefur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:40 AM   #987
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefur View Post
Just opened my Black Window and was surprised to see her arm broken off. I've had broken Sideshow statues before but usually it's something small like a hair part or bandana. This is the first time I've had a rather large part like an arm being broken. I don't even know how that happens unless whoever was boxing them didn't hear the snap. Hoping I can get a replacement.
That happened with the green goblin pf for me.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:00 PM   #988
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefur View Post
I don't think this Black Widow is flying out of the warehouse so my guess is SSC will definitely have a replacement body for you that they can pull.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:44 PM   #989
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Glad it finally worked out
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:16 PM   #990
Toefur
Frackin!

Hope they're able to do something, gluing it will still leave visible lines in her black suit.
Toefur is offline   Reply With Quote