Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-01-2021, 05:18 PM   #51
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Ah, I hear you. Yeah...if their Hulk is any indication, Juggernaut would be gigantic. A new box for me to live in, though. It's weird...not like the demand isn't out there for Mr. Sinister. There'll be one at some point, I would imagine. ...I also wouldn't mind seeing them take a swing at Apocalypse.
Could be a licensing issue for Sinister like there was for Nightcrawler, but he's just a Claremont creation like so many others. Sinister and Apocalypse are the two biggest omissions from the Iron Studios Sentinel diorama. Toad, maybe?
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:29 PM   #52
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Could be a licensing issue for Sinister like there was for Nightcrawler, but he's just a Claremont creation like so many others. Sinister and Apocalypse are the two biggest omissions from the Iron Studios Sentinel diorama. Toad, maybe?
Yeah, maybe...I know Diamond Select made a Mr. Sinister, but that's about all I can think of. Toad...that'd be interesting. Definitely save some space.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 06:15 PM   #53
AC_808
Hercules

Would be nice if IS went with Byrne Era X-Men .....and let SSC do the Lee Era X-Men.

Just like how XM went with 1/6 New52 DC characters and TweeterHead went with 1/6 classic DC characters.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:19 PM   #54
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Would be nice if IS went with Byrne Era X-Men .....and let SSC do the Lee Era X-Men.

Just like how XM went with 1/6 New52 DC characters and TweeterHead went with 1/6 classic DC characters.
XM picked the Rebirth looks, not New 52. Close enough in most cases.

Iron Studios already did (almost) the whole animated/Lee looks so they could try something new or double down on the suits they know are popular. Their DC stuff is all over the place in terms of eras and artists, no consistency.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:06 PM   #55
captoz
Nightwing

This is such a great post and I wholeheartedly agree. They should do a classic Cockrum Era team at that rate of about 3 per year and include the lesser characters ie Banshee, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Havok, Polaris to complete the line. If they were done right, I’d buy every single one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
At this point, I'll just be happy if they just release about 3 classic X-MEN statues a year in this line and lay off the Lee costumes for about 5 years. If they can pull that off, we'll have 15 classic X-MEN in 5 years time (barring any revisits). That covers a lot of characters over the Cockrum/Byrne run. That would easily include characters like Banshee, Sunfire, Angel, and Thunderbird, as well as allowing for a revisit of a few popular characters like Wolverine or Jean.

Tackle the classic lineup for the next 4 or 5 years. Then release the Astonishing lineup over 2 to 3 years (or release a few while working on the classic pieces). Then, they can go Jim Lee crazy until the end of days for all I care. I just need a Cyclops, Storm, and Nightcrawler I like for my collection and I'm good.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:15 PM   #56
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

2 months later...lol. Has there been any talk or anything about their 1/4 line pieces? Seems dead. There 1/10 line is cranking out pieces (or being delayed lol), but still, would be nice to see some of the 1/4 scale pieces.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:23 PM   #57
Mister H
Green Goblin

Still hoping for Cap, Colossus and Sinister.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:26 PM   #58
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
2 months later...lol. Has there been any talk or anything about their 1/4 line pieces? Seems dead. There 1/10 line is cranking out pieces (or being delayed lol), but still, would be nice to see some of the 1/4 scale pieces.
I never expect to see Iron Studios 1/4 statues unless they're at a big event like SDCC or CCXP.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:59 PM   #59
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I never expect to see Iron Studios 1/4 statues unless they're at a big event like SDCC or CCXP.
Yea that's true. Heck they don't even sell 1/4 pieces on their own website. Or I should say it seems to be selective. They have the Stan Lee 1/4 and Spidey FFH 1/4, but never had the Avengers Endgame Legacy 1/4 pieces or the Mandalorian 1/4. Seems odd.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:31 PM   #60
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I think it's because their 1/4 line requires approval from Sideshow as it seems to be an agreement and use of the Sideshow 1/4 Marvel License to sell in the US.

Where as the 1/10th scale license is just theirs and they can make as much of whatever they like.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote