Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #161
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Welcome Casbyness:

I'm pretty new on the board also. Yamato Usa website remove the new wonder woman photos. Hopefully they are making some changes to get the original face back.

I don't mind the new face but I prefer the original. I have my in a Pile of Loot with BBTS.

With no photos on Yamato Website. hope fully they are correcting the problem. Normal there production is equal or better than the prototypes . I was surprised with WW. Its good you came out as a collectors and say something.

It benefits us and the company..to make the best statue possible. Welcome Casbyness.. !
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:57 PM   #162
casbyness
Frackin!

I'm happy for anyone who likes the new face or who never really saw the original one much and so just accepts the changed design as a regular okay WW statue.

I think Yamato took down the images on their site because they're worried about claims of fraud, which just shows how different the prototype and retail versions are.
casbyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:18 AM   #163
shadow.broker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casbyness View Post
I'm happy for anyone who likes the new face or who never really saw the original one much and so just accepts the changed design as a regular okay WW statue.

I think Yamato took down the images on their site because they're worried about claims of fraud, which just shows how different the prototype and retail versions are.
I don't think that's the case since they have already replaced the pictures of the prototype for the real ones few days ago.
shadow.broker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #164
dechirico7
The Flash

I kind of feel sorry for them. But companies bring this on themselves when they don't take a more active role in the production of their pieces. Yamato is still considered small, so this might hurt them.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:37 PM   #165
richardandtracy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Unfortunately BBTS are showing the old face, and I've just got an e-mail that they are available (and presumably shipping to those with piles of loot). Do hope people aren't disappointed.

Regards
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #166
casbyness
Frackin!

So anyhow, is there a place on these forums for requesting repaints/resculpts, because I couldn't find one when looking around.
casbyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #167
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by casbyness View Post
So anyhow, is there a place on these forums for requesting repaints/resculpts, because I couldn't find one when looking around.
Custom area
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:23 AM   #168
shadow.broker

New post from Yamato's facebook:
Quote:
Dear Yamato Fans
As all of you know, some customers were having some issues regarding Wonder Woman and how it looks different from the prototype. Many have purchased it and not happy about it and if you purchased it directly from Yamato USA, simply return it to us and we will replace the statue with a new one.
Please read the terms and condition below
For any returns sent directly to us please including the following.
- The product must be returned and received in the same condition as it was sent to you.
- It should include all figures, accessories, certificate, plaque and
its original packaging, as how it was sent to you.
- All returns/exchange inquiries must be received by us within 30 days after receiving.
- Any defect or Differences please provide us with photos of the figure and number plate/certificate for us to inspect before sending it back to us
Now to those bought from another retailer please contact them as their policy maybe different from ours and will help you. If they cannot do anything then please contact us directly.
Limited to US domestic clients. If you purchased it from a retail store outside USA, please contact the store directly to simply return it so that they can replace the statue with a new one.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:49 AM   #169
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow.broker View Post
New post from Yamato's facebook:

Given they are replacing them and not refunding them, does this mean they created new ones that are accurate to the prototype? It's kind of confusing the way they worded it.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:55 AM   #170
shadow.broker

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Given they are replacing them and not refunding them, does this mean they created new ones that are accurate to the prototype? It's kind of confusing the way they worded it.
Someone asked this question under the post. No answer yet.

UPDATE: Yamato's response:
Quote:
To everyone we are planning on sending it back to the factory. Yes we are changing to make it look better. Especially the ones that look nothing like the prototype.

Last edited by shadow.broker; 11-24-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Updated with new information.