Nightwing

I hope the tweek is a clean slate
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:18 AM   #1572
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
Even if one ends up spending 15k (and I had no idea it's this expensive) and produce 50 copies max, if you sell each piece for 1.5 - 2k, the margin is still huge. But anyway, to each his own. I'm just glad there are new companies doing licensed 1/6 now.

Sorry for going off topic.
They don't sell that high. Those are after market prices.
And the 5-15k of their own money is usually just to get the prototype made. Each buyer pays for his own statue to be made.

Back on topic. When they make the tweaks I'm guessing they see the same issues we seen. And seeing as this matches the wolverine. How much can you actually change ?
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:21 AM   #1573
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
but this really needs to be redone. Tweaking means like the super girl? Change a hand kind of thing and done? That won't cut it for this one.
yea..but too much to tweak on this one..Cape, collar, build, paint, outfit, face..ect..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:40 AM   #1574
BurningRage
Inhumans

Unmasked head with man bun.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:41 AM   #1575
Rasp Lame
Fantastic Four

Don't forget he needs purple underpants.
Rasp Lame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #1576
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
Commissioners can't make a large amount of customs. They are unlicensed if they started making 100s then companies would officially go after them and shut them down. So most limit to 50 to basically break even or make a little extra depending on the costs. A commissioner usually has 5k to 15k of his own money to put up. Unless he gets deposits from interested people to fund the initial process. That's why when people say secret groups the commissioner says trusted People who don't flake. I felt the same way initially until I see how the process actually works. That's why I say to everyone just make good friends and become trustworthy you just can't walk in and be like let me get in on this lol. Plus some of the sculptors work for these companies so they rather their names but be leaked.
In a way it's no different then here when people were a little snobby with their xm contacts. I remember tons of people asking about where to get xm pieces initially and a few members just acting like they were the best cause they had the first few pieces coming. lol.
BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL! Now dance! LOL
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:33 AM   #1577
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
Even if one ends up spending 15k (and I had no idea it's this expensive) and produce 50 copies max, if you sell each piece for 1.5 - 2k, the margin is still huge. But anyway, to each his own. I'm just glad there are new companies doing licensed 1/6 now.

Sorry for going off topic.
I believe the $15K is a "deposit" to pay the sculptor to develop the render and to the manufacturer to make the initial artist's proofs. The actually manufacturing run will cost more, hence you need to collect deposits from buyers before you start manufacturing the statues.

EDIT: Looks like HBK83 already addressed the question.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #1578
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL! Now dance! LOL
Not that simple, the legality of customs has to be determined on a case by case basis. One end of the spectrum is a direct recast sold for a profit (illegal), the other end of the spectrum is you and 50 of your friends make a statue for your personal use and not to sell for a profit. The latter is a form of "Fan Art", and the cost benefit of aggressively suing fans for making statues for personal use isn't worth it (financially as well as potential backlash from the community)
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:11 PM   #1579
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

hopefully they make the cape full sculpt..
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:14 PM   #1580
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Not that simple, the legality of customs has to be determined on a case by case basis. One end of the spectrum is a direct recast sold for a profit (illegal), the other end of the spectrum is you and 50 of your friends make a statue for your personal use and not to sell for a profit. The latter is a form of "Fan Art", and the cost benefit of aggressively suing fans for making statues for personal use isn't worth it (financially as well as potential backlash from the community)
I know I was just being a ----.

I just find it amusing how the community in general is fine with custom statues, and custom swap outs for other legally licensed statues and then take a hard stance on recasts.

I just prefer my legally obtained licensed product. Makes me feel better knowing those responsible are getting my money.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote