Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 05-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #11
dr_teng

Did anyone else get the killer deal on the B-Wing this week? I grabbed one! 50% off on an amazing set was too awesome of a deal to pass up.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #12
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Wow! Who had that sale?
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #13
dr_teng

Lego.com actually, it was their May the 4th Star Wars promo. Toys R Us had it for a bit as well. I didn't see this thread until now or I would've linked it!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #14
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

how long did it take you to put the millennium falcon together? i've been contemplating getting one myself but don't know where i can keep so my kids don't destroy it.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #15
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

ok, guys, i love this thread. so, as i stated before, we have thousands upon thousands of legos. I've been playing with legos since i was little. unfortunately, in 1987, when my family moved from TX to NM, my stepdad sold my 2 huge boxes of legos for $5 at a garage sale. oh well. now, almost 30 years later, I've more than made up for that loss. heres some pics of our collection.

first pic is of the unbuilt sets we've collected. I'm sure at some point these will be made.......or not. we take them out randomly and assemble them, but, we also have a 100 pound labrador that godzillas the sets if they're not put up safely, so, we are hesitant.

this is a pic of our "building table". the table itself came with a train set we've long since gotten rid of. makes for a great layout for cities that have been built in the past. notice how wrecked it is now (thanks to the labrador). it does have 2 giant drawers underneath.

after one "cleaning" a few years ago, i went through all our legos and picked out just the minifigs. of course, the system has been crashed since then, but, heres one of the drawers from the building table with just minifigs.

heres a pic of the marvel figs i found. i had to jack some of these from my kids. we are all very competitive when it comes to the minifigs, sometimes its a battle to get the ones we want.

this is my 3 story custom home i built awhile back (took me a month). all levels separate. i used all black blocks and purple blocks (from 3 hp knight bus sets).

the house has a rooftop spa, and, yeah, the guy peed in the spa.

Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #16
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post
how long did it take you to put the millennium falcon together? i've been contemplating getting one myself but don't know where i can keep so my kids don't destroy it.
It took 3 or 4 hours at least but I'm not the fastest in the world and I usually watch TV while I'm doing it lol.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #17
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
ok, guys, i love this thread. so, as i stated before, we have thousands upon thousands of legos. I've been playing with legos since i was little. unfortunately, in 1987, when my family moved from TX to NM, my stepdad sold my 2 huge boxes of legos for $5 at a garage sale. oh well. now, almost 30 years later, I've more than made up for that loss. heres some pics of our collection.

first pic is of the unbuilt sets we've collected. I'm sure at some point these will be made.......or not. we take them out randomly and assemble them, but, we also have a 100 pound labrador that godzillas the sets if they're not put up safely, so, we are hesitant.

this is a pic of our "building table". the table itself came with a train set we've long since gotten rid of. makes for a great layout for cities that have been built in the past. notice how wrecked it is now (thanks to the labrador). it does have 2 giant drawers underneath.

after one "cleaning" a few years ago, i went through all our legos and picked out just the minifigs. of course, the system has been crashed since then, but, heres one of the drawers from the building table with just minifigs.

heres a pic of the marvel figs i found. i had to jack some of these from my kids. we are all very competitive when it comes to the minifigs, sometimes its a battle to get the ones we want.

this is my 3 story custom home i built awhile back (took me a month). all levels separate. i used all black blocks and purple blocks (from 3 hp knight bus sets).

the house has a rooftop spa, and, yeah, the guy peed in the spa.

Awesome pics Rob! You've got a lot of sets to put together......just send some to me and I'll be glad to help out. BTW the custom hot tub scene is hysterical.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #18
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
Awesome pics Rob! You've got a lot of sets to put together......just send some to me and I'll be glad to help out. BTW the custom hot tub scene is hysterical.
thanks. the most difficult design on my house was to make it so each level could be separated and viewed independently. the lower level has a trophy room with stormtrooper helmets on posts and a home security set-up. the middle level has the bedroom and an outdoor patio. the rooftop has the spa and a bar. the bar was ashers idea.

we had friends over awhile back and their youngest destroyed the house. i was soooooo pissed. i fussed like crazy at my boys because they just stood there and watched this kid wreck my sh!t. luckily i had the master architectural plans in my head so reconstruction was quite simple. i fixed the front driveway so the gate flips up and out rather than in. still missing a few pieces for the driveway.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #19
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

awesome collection Rob!
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #20
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Here's something I ran across while scouring the internet for Legos. They are excellent custom MOTU Lego minifigures an artist put together. They look damn impressive and it got me dreaming - how awesome would a lego Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain be???

Here's more about the image: http://underscoopfire.com/are-master...han-you-think/