Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Is that aliens available?
No, long gone.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:34 PM   #6963
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Vance Kelly Aliens print. Best to date, IMO

It's good. I thought it was kind of busy though. Didn't like the other color version too much. And if a double with Alien and Aliens came out it would be better than this one alone.

I just noticed the little bit that Vance Kelly included on this Aliens and his Matrix prints. On Aliens he put the facehugger on the bottom and on Matrix he put the two pills.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:08 PM   #6964
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The VK likenesses are money, no doubt, but, the Shaw though. I don't have it, nor will I pay the ridiculous prices they'd probably be now. Just such a clever, original idea, that's what gets me. You know you have to frame that special also. Seen a few backlit. So pretty.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:56 PM   #6965
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Oh, I like these, did I miss out on them or are they still available anywhere? Ideally the full set of six. I like that Predator night ops variant also, I might treat myself.

EDIT: Never mind, I just remembered these were the Bottleneck prints.

I ordered this from Teechip, very disappointed with it. No idea if it was a bad example or if it's the quality they aim for, but it looks like it was printed from a 90's home printer. They also fooled me with the fake limited edition with countdown timer... That simply resets each time it ends.

Teechip sell unauthorized copies of posters,basically thieveing lil ----s. Unfortunatley their buyers don't know so I don't blame you for buying,I am not suprised about the quality.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:52 AM   #6966
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Teechip sell unauthorized copies of posters,basically thieveing lil ----s. Unfortunatley their buyers don't know so I don't blame you for buying,I am not suprised about the quality.

I quickly figured out that they aren't a desirable company. Who made the original of this aliens print? I'll buy it from the correct seller...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:11 PM   #6967
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I quickly figured out that they aren't a desirable company. Who made the original of this aliens print? I'll buy it from the correct seller...
Are you on FB? Join the Mondo Trader group you will find lots of info on there.

The Mondo Trader Marketplace on FB is awesome as well , got all of the posters I wanted at reasonable prices.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:29 PM   #6968
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
I'll be honest. I thought the print game was over two years ago. Its been fun to watch, I've bought a few in that time period, but, I'm amazed at how the industry has done itself in. Every artist wanted their cut of Aliens and now there are a zillion prints. Shaw's was solid, an absolutely new take, but, those are few and far between. I was also surprised to see recently, something like 3 galleries offering the same shows covering the same subject matter. Ridiculous. I think the people that still buy this stuff up assuming the value is there, and it's worthy of a quick buck, don't watch the hobby as closely as many of us. The failips are the best!
Honestly, the print game is really just getting started, generally speaking. Print collecting in general has been seeing double digit growth for the last 5-6 years and it doesnt apper to be slowing down anytime soon. As the price of high quality digital giclee printers continue to drop in price, more and more artists are producing prints every year. Plus you have sites like Zazzle, DeviantArt, Society6, Art.com, 500px, RedBubble, Fine Art America, Etsy, etc. where artists can sell thier work or simply upload thier work and the company does the printing and shipping and the artist simply gets a small cut of the profit. Those sites have been springing up like weeds in the springtime and people can buy prints for ridiculously cheap prices. During Black Friday, you can literally buy 13x19 to 18x24 prints for as little as 10 bucks a pop on many of those sites.

Prints as investments....well, that is a different matter entirely as the ease in which giclee prints can be made and the sheer number of them that are being made is going to make legitimate investments few and far betweeen. The vast majority of collectors that have entered the print market over the last 5+ years have very little interest in value at all. The fact that the vast majority of growth has been seen with companies that produce open edition prints is proof of that. A significant percentage of the people that have entered the print market in recent years are simply buying prints becasue their incredibly affordable now, they enjoy the artwork and its a fun hobby as its a lot of fun collecting beautiful prints. IMO art prints are very much like music in that everyone enjoys them. Everyone just has different taste in regards to just what kind of art prints they like, just like everyone has different taste in music. I have certainly never met anyone that didn't appreciate art prints.

Obviously there are different sectors of the print market and I'm pretty sure you were referring to screen prints for movies in your post, but even that side of the print market is continuing to see significant growth. Again, value and investment is a whole different ballgame so if you were referring to the topic of value and investment when you said you thought the print game was over two years ago....well, if thats the case then your comment actually holds quite a bit of truth. Its going to be very difficult from this point forward buying screen prints or giclee prints that are legitimately good long term investements. There are simply too many being made by way too many artists. Thats why I have gone back to buying traditional silver halide photography prints and pretty much given up on digital prints when it comes to buying prints for investment purposes. I'll still buy cheap digital prints just for the sake of enjoying the artwork, but I know going in that they will never be worth anything.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:57 AM   #6969
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

All good points, Orange. And yes, I was referring to the value.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:24 PM   #6970
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Gabz Prometheus on Monday. Looking forward to seeing what he came up with. Still upset about not getting that Craig Drake version and what Martin Ansin did with Mondo. Hot Toys stiffed us too...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote