Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-13-2016, 01:47 PM   #61
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Dunno. I see old stuff, like old Warner Brothers Store exclusives, still going for pretty good coin. Like some here have said, the future value will depend on the quality of pieces, popularity of sentimental vale of characters, etc., and some will keep or increase value while others won't.
Yeah, I haven't noticed a drastic drop in prices yet. The rarer pieces are still hard to get and costly. Like all things, if you wait long enough you do get good/fair deals as some sellers switch the focus of their collections.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:39 PM   #62
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Yeah, I haven't noticed a drastic drop in prices yet. The rarer pieces are still hard to get and costly. Like all things, if you wait long enough you do get good/fair deals as some sellers switch the focus of their collections.
I haven't noticed a price drop on eBay either. I think R'sV being gone may have solidified the bottom of the market.

I still think, out of site, out of mind in the long run though.
dugabrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:31 AM   #63
qz33
Doctor Doom

There's just a massive run on statue anything right now.
Bowens are an alternative to the big ticket statues right now and even at prices inflated from retail they are a cheaper buy than just about anything else.
Their median value will not be known until people need money, nothings going to change overnight.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:04 AM   #64
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
There's just a massive run on statue anything right now.
Bowens are an alternative to the big ticket statues right now and even at prices inflated from retail they are a cheaper buy than just about anything else.
Their median value will not be known until people need money, nothings going to change overnight.
Agreed, I think its too soon to see any sort of change. Its over the long term that I think this will ultimately wind up hurting the value. Give it another year or two and I am betting prices start to drop.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #65
Sinema
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Who knows if and when Bowen returns that he will continue with 6th and 7th scale statues. He might just go bigger. .

If Bowen ever recreated some of his best works in a 1/5th or 1/4th scale....my bank account would be screwed.

1st Juggy. Colossus. 1st Thanos. Sinister. Museum Cap. Museum Classic Thor. Nightcrawler. Spidey and all his villians. I get disappointed thinking it "could"....knowing deep down it probably "won't"
Sinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:02 PM   #66
qz33
Doctor Doom

I don't think Bowen has the desire or anything else that it takes to compete in the already overcrowded super detailed 1/4 or larger market.

Nor do I think it would be worth it. He has done best outside the mainstream.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:54 PM   #67
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

This hobby was s fun when he was popping his marvel line out. For the last year there.. I bet I Boughht 2/3rds of his stuff. It was always so exciting seeing the new selections every month or s. Compare that to koto n 1/6th today. They might put out one or tw a year. You could get all of the b,c, and d characters too because it wouldn't break the bank. How hard is it to collect a rogues Galary / collection of spidery villains or batman villains...and how long do you have to wait for said villains to be made in 1/4th these days. Let's face it...xm sinister six will cost you a cheep car. And who is gong to buy kraven i. 1/4th? I'm sure some will ...but space people...
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 12:41 AM   #68
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I think if many of Bowen's sculpts had originally been created digitally we may have seen BD coming into the 1:4 market, because the company would have had a tremendous advantage. It would have just been a matter of pulling up the files, reworking them with more detailing and scaling up accordingly. It would have been very cool to see some of these pieces in 1:4. Unfortunately digital sculpting only started becoming a thing in the waning years of the BD license.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:05 PM   #69
Makkari1
Cyclops

Wow I've been asleep for far too long. One year I'm collecting Bowen and the next few years roll by and people are talking about its demise. I got started into statue collecting because of Bowen Designs and I've collected some amazing pieces that other companies haven't even dreamed of doing. I am sadden by Randy's troubles both professionally and personal and I wish him the best. I hope that he will return someday and make this hobby enjoyable.

I do tend to think that prices go up on rare items and if a company is not producing anymore then the chances of getting the piece you missed go way up. Lets face it Bowen was doing characters that none of the other studios would even touch and with him gone (at least temporarily) you will never see certain characters. The price of a statue of course is determined by the popularity of the character and how many copies of said item is out there. I have always said that if you are in this hobby for a profit then I suggest that you buy stocks and bonds. Collect because you like the character not the profit

Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:11 PM   #70
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Bowen Designs Cable retro $910.00

Bowen Designs Cable retro $1,000.00

Bowen Designs Cable retro $1,028.89

Bowen Designs Cable retro $1,299.99
Bowen Designs Dark Phoenix $195.00
Bowen Designs Dark Phoenix $259.00

Bowen Designs Dark Phoenix $275.00