Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Customs Corner

Old 04-08-2020, 10:31 PM   #1
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

DST Psylocke and Kotobukiya Rogue Statue Repairs/Customs

Ok, so this poor Psylocke has been on my shelf for a few years now, and with the lock down I've been at home with more time to get back into repairs and customs. I got her pretty cheap due to all the damage. Not a drastic custom on her, but she was fully decapitated. Her neck and collar were all broken up with chunks missing. She had chips in her hair, a broken arrow, and the flames on the almost all the arrows were broken off.

I fixed the collar and neck, sanded the chips in her hair, glued and painted the flames and arrow, then applied my preferred colors of a brighter purple to her hair and more of a transparent pink to her psyblade. I screwed up when gluing the head back on last night and ruined the paint on her entire decolletage area. I freaked out and tried to fix it and made it worse. To compound that, my compressor broke, I bought a new one, and the airbrush that fit it was defective. I finally got a new one in today so I raced to sand and repaint her chest, then sealed her up, because I was sick of her not being done. I am not touching her again for fear I'll mess up more. While not perfect, she's vastly better than she was before. I could have improved a few areas of paint, but just not right now. This line has terrible paint quality, but I will leave well enough alone.

I guess I don't have any before pics for Psylocke sadly, but here's the fixes:

This Rogue. I've wanted this for so long, but she was always too expensive. I finally scored this year and got her for I think $75 including shipping because the prior owner's dick cat (totally redundant) knocked her off the table. The modern head is all chipped up on the face, and I didn't want to try fixing that right this second, it was easier for me to fix the other head. So, for the classic hair head, a bunch of the tips were broken off, one was glued back on partially, but unevenly, and after I bought her and she arrived, I found the main leg that holds her entirely to the sentinel finger was broken. I played with it a bit and it came fully apart, but at least cleanly. I had to epoxy the peg back together, and glue her back in. It's not the best/cleanest/my proudest glue job, but it's sturdy and not too noticeable at a distance. I then resculpted the broken hair tips, changed a couple up that I didn't like, and repainted all the hair. I didn't like how they sprayed the white on and it blended out into the sections that should be brunette. I added some pearlescent to her hair to give it some shine and depth. This was done with the broken airbrush though, so the detail isn't super great. My new one is much better.

I think all in all I did an ok job on both. I'm actually proud of the repair on Psylocke's chest now, I'm ashamed of the screw up to start, but the fix came out well.

Broken hair:

Broken leg:

Fixes:

More images: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XzkAMefuTybfQu8F9
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote