Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #431
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Not sure if this was already posted, but I found this video very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=ythY_GkEBck#!
I remember watching that when it was first posted. Given the fact that Bioware debunked it, it's truly the most amazing coincedence in video game history. If Bioware was smart, they would have ran with it and expanded upon it to make the most mind blowing ending of all time!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #432
MrYac
Hercules

indoctrination would've been excellent and fit in perfectly with the series...but instead EA decided to stay the course and just give us more of the bad ending which fits in perfectly with their treatment of loyal customers
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #433
brentflynn
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
the point about the stupid flawed logic of the reapers explanation has nothing to do with EDI or the Geth becoming my best buddy, the flaw is that to stop AIs from killing all life he designed a group of AI that would destroy all life, that just doesn't make any damn sense and stinks of them just not being able to come up with a good reason to fit with the lame ending they threw at us
That's incorrect. The Reaper logic is to destroy all advanced life, those capable of creating synthetics, so that organic life is not utterly destroyed in a war that the Reapers predict will happen. In their mind they are preserving organic life, at the expense of the advanced races.
Remember we were not destroyed during the Prothean cycle as we were deemed too primitive (same as Asari, Krogan, Turian, Salarian, etc).
brentflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #434
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I remember watching that when it was first posted. Given the fact that Bioware debunked it, it's truly the most amazing coincedence in video game history. If Bioware was smart, they would have ran with it and expanded upon it to make the most mind blowing ending of all time!
I wasn't aware it was already debunked. BioWare should have just ran with it.

Seriously though, what an amazing set of coincidences. I was starting to believe it's possible validity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentflynn View Post
That's incorrect. The Reaper logic is to destroy all advanced life, those capable of creating synthetics, so that organic life is not utterly destroyed in a war that the Reapers predict will happen. In their mind they are preserving organic life, at the expense of the advanced races.
Remember we were not destroyed during the Prothean cycle as we were deemed too primitive (same as Asari, Krogan, Turian, Salarian, etc).
You are correct, sir.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:03 AM   #435
built2shred
Phoenix

I finally got around to finishing Mass Effect 3 and I have to say I thought it was really good, even thought it had a fitting ending given what happens to you at the beginning of Mass Effect 2... They could of done a few things better like creating branches to the 3 various endings based on decisions in the game instead of just giving you choices at the end, kind of negates the purpose of making choices in all 3 games.. Also thought the Illusive Man ending was a bit anti-climatic...

But overall I really like this trilogy and would highly recommend it to anyone who has not played it yet.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:33 PM   #436
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Bioware is discussing the possibility of bringing the trilogy to the next gen consoles. I hope they do. I'll get it for sure.

A couple of things I'd like to see are;

-60 fps across all three versions.
-Faster load times (duh)
- The ability to have the default female shepherd from ME1 and ME2 correctly import over to ME3. It infuriated me that they changed her default appearance for the third game. Why, EA? Why???
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #437
MrYac
Hercules

I finally got around to playing the citadel DLC and it was a ton of fun, loved the banter between the squad and the fact that we could finally play Wrex again, the party was a great way to end the trilogy as well. my only real complaint was that poor Legion, Thane and Mordin couldn't attend and poor Legion didn't even get a mention anywhere unlike the other 2, would've loved for their names to have been included in the toast at the end, but oh well
Old 03-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #438
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Bioware is discussing the possibility of bringing the trilogy to the next gen consoles. I hope they do. I'll get it for sure.

A couple of things I'd like to see are;

-60 fps across all three versions.
-Faster load times (duh)
- The ability to have the default female shepherd from ME1 and ME2 correctly import over to ME3. It infuriated me that they changed her default appearance for the third game. Why, EA? Why???
I agree with these, though I'd also like them to change the gameplay in ME1 a bit. I loved the first game so much, but it was really clunky.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #439
MrYac
Hercules

as much as I love the series I have no interest in investing another couple hundred hours into completing it all again on a new system
Old 03-06-2014, 10:55 PM   #440
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
as much as I love the series I have no interest in investing another couple hundred hours into completing it all again on a new system
Feel the same way.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote