Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-04-2019, 10:56 PM   #231
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I have nothing but expletives. Gave DeepDiscount one last chance. Called them today, and they said Scarlet still backordered, they never got any of the 72 they had PO'ed and it's just so popular I'd have to wait. Nope. Had her cancel all my orders and will not go back.

I had Domino with them too, but there is 0 chance any of us will see that one either.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:01 AM   #232
ALF_1
Justice League

Reading this thread Im sorry is Hilarious! If you go to a site named Deep Discount you should realize right then its trouble by just chanting that ridiculous, shady name to yourself.

I cant believe so many people go in seeing the cheapest price at a company they never ordered from before and order without doing some research.

Even Amazon known for having good pricing was not selling this that low so if places like that were not having it lower how can you really believe Deep Discount when all the reputable retailers usually all sell it at a similar competitive price for any “New” item?

Then, you have this one odd ball selling it for a “Deep” Discount to lore you in to there shady pre order tactics to get a nice interest free loan from you.

Why are so many here being that cheap! You get what you pay for!

The quality on these are definitely worth what Koto is asking and that is not a lot of money. This Line is also spread out, so its not like $115 every once in a while is a lot of money. The quality that Koto puts in from great QC flawless statues that come in a well designed display box.

On top of that if peeps here were not trying to be cheap to save a few bucks instead of using any reputable company then they would be much happier with reliable service.

Whoever mentioned to buy from Amazon as well as someone in Canada said we are lucky in the US amazon is cheaper is not knowing much the best place to buy these kind of items... Trust me, it is not from Amazon! Amazon by far I would never buy any kind of collectible from them. They suck ballz and 99.9% of the time your collectible is coming with a crushed box!

If you want to ensure a great experience with a Mint box as well as great service order through AmiAmi using DHL shipping.... Like I Said, you get what you pay for... AmiAmi is reasonably priced and DHL is pricey, but gets from Japan to Florida in 2 days Pristine. AmiAmi got it here with DHL so well that if the box was graded by the AGA it would score a 9.8-10 Gold Mint rating!

I can name some other good sites as well if you want it guaranteed in Mint Condition, but you have to be willing to pay for better service!

Or you can try to go to places like Deep Discount to get it cancelled or Amazon to deliver your item looking like it was smashed with a baseball bat when you open the shipper box since they love to charge full price for shipping, but have no sufficient amount of bubble protection always leaving your item guaranteed damaged!

Sideshow Collectibles has her and with smaller items like this you can tell them you want “Packed Out Shipping” which means for an extra $10 on top of the shipping cost they will double box your item to ensure it arrives Mint.. All my Hot Toys they do that for and all Art boxes arrive Mint from them.

Fellow collector’s $115 for a good quality designed piece is worth it when Koto has superb QC.... If you cant realize that when $1000 statues come with paint flaws ask yourself how many paint flaws you be seeing on a Koto piece because I am having much better luck with KOTO QC then I do with all the statue companies combined!

If you cant see how costs rise for many factors as well as look at the technology to make these pieces are getting more intricate. Have you not noticed on recent pieces now having different amazing textures to the outfits and many other fine details that could not be achieved in the past. The details are getting better as the same with Sideshows PF figures.

The $350-$450 PF figures are amazing as I have many and now looking at how the PF Figures have raised in price to $550-$750 and up, but the level of detail is much better..
Add Will Harbottle into a statue mix and you get next generation level design in statues that deserve a higher price tag ( Thanos, Worth every penny!)

Kotobukiya makes Quality pieces and by enhancing their products with newer technologies to digitally sculpt a piece with precise details as well as add many textures is something that is evolving allowing pieces to be more intricate creating a higher price tag.

Other factors with inflation as well raises cost, but for the talent these artist put in at Koto and then to make sure the Factory’s production make many near flawless pieces versus having QC issues like many poly-stone statues suffer from.

Koto might even be really good at trashing the defects making sure they dont get out to be shipped.. I have not heard any QC issue stories when it comes to Koto over other manufacturer’s I hear about bad QC all the time.

I have this Scarlett as it arrived from AmiAmi Flawless and the art box is top Notch! I honestly want to display her in the box. She looks that good with the Display windows.

The craftsmanship and the paint app on this piece is definitely worth the money and Koto definitely puts more passion into these pieces with a slightly higher price tag!

I am a witness of just seeing how companies are using better technologies as look at Classic 90’s Gambit details and now look at Sideshows New Will Harbottle Gambit and tell me that this New Gambit with the way more level of detail deserves a higher price tag...

Scarlett definitely deserves this price and trying to get this discounted would be doing the future of this line unjust..
By supporting it at the price they are asking with a companies good reputation like Koto’s they will be able to improve more on better quality, higher details with great QC!

They can hire the best artist and guess what the best artist like a Will Harbottle or for this instance the sculptor for this Scarlett Takaboku Busujima (BUSUJIMAX) are worth a higher salary which can translate a higher retail price. I know I will pay more for a Will Harbottle Sculpt as that man is a goddamn modern day genius sculptor.

Depending on an artist skills can help a company make their pieces way more intricate and once that artist gets a known name they can demand a higher price.

Like Olivia De Berardinis that makes Art Prints with a higher price then many prints of the same kind of “Finish”
Right now Sideshow has her Dimond Dust Art Prints going for 4k and guest what fans of her work will pay it because her skills are that good to some people’s eyes!

To you, it might sound like a crazy price, but if the art is that Amazing and only 99 prints will be sold of it to someone that might be worth the 4k.. Art is worth what someone is willing to pay and from all the extravagant prices on what I would call Crappy art, but with some peoples eyes to the beholder that Jackson Pollock
“Classic Drip” painting that sold for $140 million is completely worth it.

Keep telling yourself that super talented artist like Takaboku Busujima creating this amazing highly detailed interpretation of Scarlett Koto Style of an iconic character is not worth $115 when no one here could ever imagine to produce something this stunning!

If you can do better for cheaper with better QC then make me eat my words. Good luck getting good QC from a China Factory producing this for less unless you own the facility like many of these Japan Companies do!

Collecting is a luxury and if you cant afford this amazing piece at $115 then sorry to say maybe its time you start investing in a better job. Dont order a million things and keep to a few lines. Then, with all the time spaced out decently between each release, $100-$200 becomes more affordable...

I rather have the quality we are at now constantly raising the bar of intricacy and if the details as well as good QC correlates to the asking price then I can justify paying it.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:57 AM   #233
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Reading this thread Im sorry is Hilarious! If you go to a site named Deep Discount you should realize right then its trouble by just chanting that ridiculous, shady name to yourself.

I cant believe so many people go in zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry I feel asleep after the first few lines.....

I don't blame anyone for giving deep discount a shot, now if you keep trying to buy stuff from them after being burned then that might be a different story....

Prices are going up across the board with all companies so I'm not surprised to see Bishoujos prices jump roughly 60% in the last few years. SS average price has jumped 100% in that same time period, even XM's prices have jumped an average of 70%...

With the price increases you do have to consider whether or not this hobby is worth it... but that's a personal call...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 02:18 PM   #234
UnicornPegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
TLDT because you clearly know nothing about DeepDiscount.com. They are a very well established, and normally reputable, online merchant. Hell, they have to be one of the oldest continuously running online stores around. I have placed many, many orders with them in the past for non-statue products, and I had never had trouble with any of those orders, or pre-orders. My husband has probably bought from them three times as much as I ever had, and never had a problem either. The only problems arose with these new statue sales.

Now, I had taken a hiatus from purchasing from them, which was my only trepidation with attempting a pre-order of this nature with them, but for the price it was difficult to not give it a go. Lesson learned, but you're acting like we all found some no-name craigslist ad selling "cheap, bargain basement, slightly j**zed on 'dolls', available for local pickup, just look for the van with 'gRAPE' on the side down by the river" for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Sorry I feel asleep after the first few lines.....

With the price increases you do have to consider whether or not this hobby is worth it... but that's a personal call...
HA!

That's it exactly. The quality may be great, but the prices are getting unmanageable. You have to find deals or many folks are going to be priced out of the hobby.

Also, for anyone that still needs them, https://www.dcbservice.com still has a few Scarletts available and can still order Domino as of about a week ago. They saved my bacon. Not the same price as DD of course, but at least they helped me out.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #235
Gothamite
Phoenix

Lady Jaye

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:59 PM   #236
UnicornPegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Lady Jaye

The shading looks so nice on the fabric. I wish they had applied that level of detail to the new Ivy.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:01 PM   #237
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Lady Jaye

All three have looked fantastic. Curious if be others after these.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:09 AM   #238
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Would be silly not to make Zarana, Jinx, Pythona and Cover Girl.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:52 PM   #239
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I hope the next one they will announce will be Jinx! I can seem them doing a good job!
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:21 AM   #240
Shone314
Frackin!

I thought Lady Jaye was a brunette ... what's with the strawberry blonde?
Shone314 is offline   Reply With Quote