Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-21-2019, 03:30 AM   #10651
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

A classic version is exactly what I am waiting for, but for the same price I would pass again. I won't support the price hike.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:43 AM   #10652
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Coming in late to this. But was thinking about getting one. All the ones I saw on Ebay though had a gap between the feet which bothered me. Searched it on google and found this thread where people talked about it extensively. I'm sure any of you still looking at this thread 1000s of messages later are sick to death of this topic, but I just registered to ask if anyone has an example of one where the feet are flush. Several people in this thread have claimed to have one like that, but I have never seen a good example. All the ones on ebay, past and present, the posts on here, and even the promotional pics all have the gap. So anyway, can anyone point me to an example of one with no gap?

Thanks!
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:57 AM   #10653
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsensine View Post
Coming in late to this. But was thinking about getting one. All the ones I saw on Ebay though had a gap between the feet which bothered me. Searched it on google and found this thread where people talked about it extensively. I'm sure any of you still looking at this thread 1000s of messages later are sick to death of this topic, but I just registered to ask if anyone has an example of one where the feet are flush. Several people in this thread have claimed to have one like that, but I have never seen a good example. All the ones on ebay, past and present, the posts on here, and even the promotional pics all have the gap. So anyway, can anyone point me to an example of one with no gap?

Thanks!
It depends on what your tolerances are I think. I don't consider mine to have a gap at all. Both feet are making contact with the base.

Does it appear that way to you because the base isn't molded to his feet? That's the only way you're going to get the illusion of his feet being firmly planted on the base.

GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:21 AM   #10654
ilsensine

Thank you for posting. I consider this to have a gap too, yes. If this is as good as it gets, then that answers that. I have some of the Damtoys Warcraft statues and the feet touch the base so flush that you cannot slip a piece of paper between the feet and the base. That's the standard I was applying to this.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:52 AM   #10655
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Thank you for posting. I consider this to have a gap too, yes. If this is as good as it gets, then that answers that. I have some of the Damtoys Warcraft statues and the feet touch the base so flush that you cannot slip a piece of paper between the feet and the base. That's the standard I was applying to this.
Welcome to the forum!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:00 AM   #10656
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:

You do know your own two feet with shoes on don't sit flush on the floor either. There's a gap from the front bottom of your shoes. You don't even have to be wearing them. Go take a look. It would be understandable to be concerned if the feet were hovering. But a gap from the front of the foot thats not even barely coming off the throne?

Come on. You must have a super tight anus.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #10657
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post

You do know your own two feet with shoes on don't sit flush on the floor either. There's a gap from the front bottom of your shoes. You don't even have to be wearing them. Go take a look. It would be understandable to be concerned if the feet were hovering. But a gap from the front of the foot thats not even barely coming off the throne?

Come on. You must have a super tight anus.
Super welcoming attitude to have towards new posters.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #10658
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
I think what you're seeing in my photo isn't the gap issue that people are talking about. Some people didn't have any contact with their statue and the base at all.

In order for the foot and base to be flush with each other, each surface would have to be perfectly flat. I don't think that would lend to the illusion of any sort of realism. Thano's base is textured and his boot is slightly curved.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:47 AM   #10659
adee
Green Arrow

The feet sit flush on mine. There is no gap.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:15 AM   #10660
ilsensine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I think what you're seeing in my photo isn't the gap issue that people are talking about. Some people didn't have any contact with their statue and the base at all.

In order for the foot and base to be flush with each other, each surface would have to be perfectly flat. I don't think that would lend to the illusion of any sort of realism. Thano's base is textured and his boot is slightly curved.
I see what you’re saying. But let’s just look at his right foot. It is a bit hard to see due to shadows, but it appears to be angled downward so that the heel is (properly) not touching the base. But that would mean the mid/front must be touching, and the pictures don’t really reflect that imo.