Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #161
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Ryu looks soo Epic Erick! I don't have a single critique about him. As long as the price is fair I'm 100% on board! I think this is the best Ryu statue I've ever seen to date!
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #162
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I have to know did you base his presence of of my favorite Udon/Street Fighter Artist Alvin Lee?
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #163
Jiggeh
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I agree completely about the hadouken effect... it just kind of sits between his palms and frankly it looks a little puny. Personally I think it might look cool if it engulfed his hands entirely, that way you could also incorporate the effect of Ryu's hands being visible inside the projectile itself, like you can see in the picture Andrew posted.

Seeing more pictures of the statue though there's quite a few things that bother me with it. The biggest issue is something Alucard mentioned as well, his stance just doesn't look nearly deep enough for the hadouken pose. Just look at pretty much any incarnation of the move, and you'll see he's always in a deep stance with his upper body leaning forward, and I'm just not seeing it in the sculpt.

Another thing I noticed is the angle of his hands. Again, looking at basically any version of the source material, when in the hadouken pose Ryu's hands are at a right angle with the palms facing each other, and often aligned more or less perfectly vertically. It's not as big an issue as the stance to me, but still something quite noticeable and definitely keeping it from looking like a "true" hadouken pose.

Here's some visual aid to show you what I mean:

Please don't take this the wrong way... I think you guys are doing awesome work, and there's a lot about the Ryu sculpt that I really love. I realise it may also be too late to make these kinds of adjustments, but since you seem to be open to feedback, I want to share my opinions and contribute in any way I can to make these the best Street Fighter collectibles ever produced.

edit: Oh, and I'm happy to hear that Cammy is cutting in line Can't wait to see what she'll look like!
Jiggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #164
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I have to agree with you

The deeper stance does look better
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #165
Alucard
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Jiggeh, thank you for the visual you hit the nail on the head. With that little bit of lean the sculpt looks ten times better. I just hope I can achieve that when I start building this.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #166
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Yup, the deeper stance looks a lot better.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #167
vmcoelho
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I must agree with the majority... the leaning Ryu looks much better =)
vmcoelho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #168
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Wow nice! You fooled me, it took a couple of seconds to realize you photoshopped it lol! Well done thank you!
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #169
Kadmos777
U talkin' to me?

I still like Ryu as is because of another matter: if he will be made with more "leaning scale" than he will also be shorter in height, won't he? I don't want the statue to feel too short.
Kadmos777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #170
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos777 View Post
I still like Ryu as is because of another matter: if he will be made with more "leaning scale" than he will also be shorter in height, won't he? I don't want the statue to feel too short.
Yes, and it will look as he is about to fireball Sagat around his crotch area...
I will see about making an even bigger hadouken, as for the stance you guys need to see more images of different angles, will try to upload more.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote