Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #10641
101son
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
An EX conversion?! ...after all this time? Crazy ...
its just the regular edition

i kind of forgot i was even on the waitlist tbh
so are we to assume they are making this statue in batches , cant see any other reason my WL converted after soo soo long
101son is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:01 PM   #10642
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101son View Post
so are we to assume they are making this statue in batches , cant see any other reason my WL converted after soo soo long
Seems more likely that they found one in the warehouse. If they were making them in batches, the waitlist would still be open.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:32 PM   #10643
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
its just the regular edition

i kind of forgot i was even on the waitlist tbh

The conversion message didn't say EX or CE ...so I immediately thought the EX. I guess we know where my brain is with this TOT MAQ.

Still tho ...after such a long time a WL conversion now is totally a surprise.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:42 PM   #10644
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post

Remember Forps saying the EX will reach $5,000 in value. What a maroon.
Yeah, I sure do. This piece did pretty much exactly what I thought it would. Upon initial release, it skyrocketed in the aftermarket. Then, after awhile, the price dropped to a reasonable amount. Flippers made a killing if they sold quickly. Now, it's much more a buyer's market.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:04 PM   #10645
101son
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yeah, I sure do. This piece did pretty much exactly what I thought it would. Upon initial release, it skyrocketed in the aftermarket. Then, after awhile, the price dropped to a reasonable amount. Flippers made a killing if they sold quickly. Now, it's much more a buyer's market.
and this , is exactly why im likely going to pass on picking this up from SS , ill just be on the lookout for one in the aftermarket ,
plus living in canada i really get killed with shipping and duties and this is a big beast
101son is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:29 PM   #10646
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
and this , is exactly why im likely going to pass on picking this up from SS , ill just be on the lookout for one in the aftermarket ,
plus living in canada i really get killed with shipping and duties and this is a big beast
Good Luck on that!

I would never Sell my Thanos to any of you for less then 5k and thats how amazing he is...

Anyone on Ebay selling theres for less is a dumb scalper that will have karma hit them hard for screwing up the after market by selling them a lot less and only reason prices come down is because theirs too many dummies on the scalper bandwagon saturating the after market.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:38 PM   #10647
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Hey all - I just received a thanos on throne EX in trade for some design work which is a phenomenal deal (all I paid was the tax duty and booked some design time so was a real bargain!). However, is there a knack to inserting him onto the throne, I noticed there's a gap under one of his feet, not the other one, but don't want to push too hard?
There is nothing you can do to make it go down further is because some that have the hovering foot the factory did not do the best gluing job when assembling these big statues therefore; the hovered foot is due to the factory not gluing his Kilt on correctly making it push up slightly more.

My suggestion since you can’t really fix that gap by pushing it down is you could do this if you have some art skills is make a custom Spiderman mask or a daredevil mask or buy one and slide it underneath the gap to make it look like Thanos is resting his foot stepping on the mask. The gap space will be filled with the mask as well as make your piece unique.

I think Thanos stepping on a 1/4 Spider man mask would look cool to fill the foot gap... I hope you find a solution that will make you happy. Good Luck!
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:26 PM   #10648
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
If you can do it, pick up only. Shipping will be a lot and I would be afraid of rough handling. If you ordered from SS you at least have the comfort of knowing if it arrived damage you can get your money back
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:52 AM   #10649
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Smart. The EX prices are dropping and they made a boatload of REGs. You being an international collector, buying this in the aftermarket is a wise move.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 01:17 AM   #10650
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Still waiting to see SS release a light blue comic repaint on this thing. Maybe a new portrait for the comic repaint version? It's a easy money grab and people will buy it since he's still selling well. If they do it the first would drop a few hundred more making it easier to obtain, maybe even under retail down the road. Maybe for spook?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote