Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 12-02-2020, 10:36 AM   #51
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

The most anticipated, and the most dissapointing. One portrait, and it's a snarling portrait?!

Do these producers not know Leonardo? He should have a calm collected or a determined expression, but here he is actually more angry than Raph is on his portraits. That's a sign of failure in my eyes.

Funnily enough, they captured the expressions of the turtles perfectly in the smaller collectibles they have recently released.

Look at this Leo expression and then compare it to the unnatural 1:4 portrait. I know which facial expression I prefer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STL166213.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	135086  
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:11 PM   #52
Justafo
Doh!

Hello! First post, new collector here. This TMNT line from PCS is what made me decide to pull the trigger and buy a few statues. Grew up on the cartoon and own the entire run of the first comic series, so this seemed like a great addition to the collection.

Wondering what all of your insights are as to why all of these TMNT statues remain in stock and what that will mean for the future of the line.

Is it unusual that Raph, Don and Mikey are all still available? Even the Mikey Exclusive can still be purchased from Sideshow. Does that mean these were not as popular as hoped? I know I've heard about other highly desired statues selling out at pre-order and everyone being SOL after that. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on all four turtles to make sure i didn't miss any and it doesn't seem like I needed to rush...
Justafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:00 AM   #53
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
The most anticipated, and the most dissapointing. One portrait, and it's a snarling portrait?!

Do these producers not know Leonardo? He should have a calm collected or a determined expression, but here he is actually more angry than Raph is on his portraits. That's a sign of failure in my eyes.

Funnily enough, they captured the expressions of the turtles perfectly in the smaller collectibles they have recently released.

Look at this Leo expression and then compare it to the unnatural 1:4 portrait. I know which facial expression I prefer
That portrait they are using on the pvc line for Leo is Raphs portrait on the statue. And I agree, this was expressed to Ant Adams that the portrait doesnt even resemble Leo's calm and collected side. Instead of having all those sword switchouts, an extra portrait could have been added. The swords are a bit overkill in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafo View Post
Hello! First post, new collector here. This TMNT line from PCS is what made me decide to pull the trigger and buy a few statues. Grew up on the cartoon and own the entire run of the first comic series, so this seemed like a great addition to the collection.

Wondering what all of your insights are as to why all of these TMNT statues remain in stock and what that will mean for the future of the line.

Is it unusual that Raph, Don and Mikey are all still available? Even the Mikey Exclusive can still be purchased from Sideshow. Does that mean these were not as popular as hoped? I know I've heard about other highly desired statues selling out at pre-order and everyone being SOL after that. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on all four turtles to make sure i didn't miss any and it doesn't seem like I needed to rush...

Youre fine. Happens all the time with TMNT statues, cuz theyre so expensive. Once they sell out though, good luck getting them any cheaper. They actually become hard to find the longer theyve been sold out, cuz most dont want to give them up, and they tend to go up in value. Look on ebay. Theres a scarce supply of TMNT statues. TMNT merch is popular right now. Get em while you can.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 04:01 PM   #54
PacMan3000
The Spirit

Raph and Donnie were out of stock on Sideshow for a long time. I know for sure because a couple months ago, I had to get Raph from BBTS and Donnie from Popcultcha.

Not sure how/why they are back in stock at Sideshow right now though.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:34 AM   #55
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post
Raph and Donnie were out of stock on Sideshow for a long time. I know for sure because a couple months ago, I had to get Raph from BBTS and Donnie from Popcultcha.

Not sure how/why they are back in stock at Sideshow right now though.
The regulars were/are coming in batches. Theyll also be sent and sold through online stores. The exclusives are what the company makes their money on. Regulars are just extra profit.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 05:37 PM   #56
craigcliff1
Zot

great statue
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 05:23 PM   #57
BurningRage
Inhumans

$81.82 shipping ☠️
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:19 PM   #58
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Yeah thats the shipping I got too. It's crazy right now.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:24 PM   #59
BurningRage
Inhumans

Raph was $46.25
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 05:48 PM   #60
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Raph was $46.25