Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Comic Art House

Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #1
comicarthouse
Comic Art Dealer
Producer

Dallas Sci-Fi Expo Mark Texeira pre order!

Hey all!
Been away for a bit and coming back with a bang. Mark Texeira has joined us at the House and we are taking 5 pre-orders for Dallas Sci-Fi Expo. Since I will be attending this show, I will be happy to pick up and ship if you cannot attend. The cost of shipping in the USA (insured!)will be $20 (well packed for flight home and shipping to you) and $30 international (this is not insured mailing, if you want your art insured, shipping will be more and by destination).

Mark is offering the following:

11 x 14 full figure pencils - $250
11 x 14 full figure pencils and inks - $350
11 x 14 full figure watercolors - $500

There are no backgrounds to these pieces, so please do not ask

If interested, PM me here or at bob@comicarthouse.com. Or if you want call me up at 603-657-0480 after 6PM EST.

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

For anybody going to this show, I highly recommend Mark for a commission. I was lucky enough to get a Valkyrie from him at last year's Calgary Expo, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. Just set up 2 other commissions to be picked up at Emerald City in Seattle next month or I would jump on this. Unfortunately, those 2 hit my quota for commissions to be picked up at shows I won't be going to (friend's picking them up). If you want to take a look at the Valkyrie Texeira did for me, follow the link below! (Sorry for the less than stellar digital pic).

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...p?piece=888924
Old 02-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #3
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Are there any backgrounds on these???

Is Mark going to come to Planet Comicon in Kansas City again this year?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
seggleston
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

So he's not with Renee anymore?

I love Mark Texiera's work and am a huge fan of his, but I avoided him like he had the plague at conventions because I always felt badgered by his agent.

My kiddo (who was 10 at the time) got me a Moon Knight on a sketch cover comic from him as a gift to me and all she had was $20 to her name. His agent was downright rude to my daughter (as told to me by her aunt, who went with her to get the piece) until Mark stopped her and said he would love to do the piece.

I was flabbergasted when I heard the story. I can understand telling an adult that $20 isn't going to cut it for a sketch, but a little kid who is having "To Shaylyn's Dad" written on the cover with the picture? That riled me up, man.

But I'm glad to see Mark with Bob now. I know a few of the artists he reps and they all come off as great folks. I think this will be a good fit (and less intimidating) than previously.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Renee was horrible to myself and others at NYCC's 2010 convention; my Texeira experience wasn't the greatest, but that's not to say Mark's a bad guy... he isn't. His agent at that time was less than adequate, though.

Glad to see that he's moved on.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
Sam
Hydra

I had two experiences with Tex and Renee. I have to say that both were very positive experiences. I'd definitely get work from Tex again.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
seggleston
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm confused now. Renee is still posting that she's taking orders for work from Mark for Dallas and all of 2013:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-...ref=ts&fref=ts
Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
comicarthouse
Comic Art Dealer
Producer

No reason to be confused sir. She booked those shows and has every right to post oppotunities online. If still confused, call me at 603-657-0480.