Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-17-2017, 11:56 AM   #141
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

There's no real way to lock designs in months or years ahead of actual production.That would require way too much commitment from the studios.It would tie up things on the financial end and then wouldn't allow for as much last minute meddling or budgeting for CG replacement by the studio.
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #142
ukshaun
Hercules

I was thinking today about a Predator Thermoptic Camouflage statue. Has that been done before?
It will be great to see an XM Studio's Alien statue. I don't own an Alien statue, and am holding out for the ultimate Alien.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #143
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I was thinking today about a Predator Thermoptic Camouflage statue. Has that been done before?
It will be great to see an XM Studio's Alien statue. I don't own an Alien statue, and am holding out for the ultimate Alien.
Well, you will certainly have options seeing that XM, Prime 1 and Cool Props all have Alien license.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:40 PM   #144
toty21
The Avengers

XM will you be kind enough to hook us up with a sneak peak
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:31 PM   #145
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I wish someone would do some statues in regards to the original Aliens vs Predator comic series. Artwork was top notch. They've always been my most treasured comic books with Aliens series 2 being a close second.

Cover issue 2(I think, with Alien on top of Predator)would make for a great dio statue. Maybe there's a chance this involves that :x I'm tired of the movies getting the attention :x the comics did it first and better :x probably just separate licenses :x
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:25 AM   #146
Trinita
Fantastic Four

Predator

Hey Enforcer...ur taling about the Dark Horse series? If so those where dark an gritty..think made in 90s..that would be immense...but this is a Predator Grail
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0968.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	103383  
Trinita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #147
Indridcold99
The Avengers

Grail this grail that...that's all I ever hear...grail grail

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

However, that wolf pred is no joke
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #148
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Always makes me laugh

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:41 PM   #149
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Might have been a grail of it was accurate.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:12 PM   #150
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Looks alittle like the Karate Kid pose

No but seriously AVP stuff is ok and all but the original source material via Dark Horse was more or less faithful to the early movie designs unlike AVP which basically gave the aliens and predators 21st century redesigns. It's the 2000s. You gotta give Alien and Predator and even Terminators a more sleek design because it's the future, and you gotta progress designs or else people won't pay for your product because they already paid for it years earlier.

At least that's the discussion I see corporate hollywood having in some room somewhere, full of exec's debating how to make more money on stuff people have already seen. It's all around us for the past 20 years. Everything is redesigned to be sleeker. Xmen movie? Don't give them those comic book outfits, gotta make them sleek because it's the future! Avengers? Ok well we're marvel and we know by seeing Fox and Xmen that people want their comic book suits, so we'll give them that but make them sleeker because it's the future!

This is The Matrix's fault somehow! both good and bad...

My point is, maybe we can get something better for A/P than AVP stuff. Whatever they are doing I hope they choose the poses while keeping in mind putting the two pieces together if you buy both to form a dio for a 'Alien vs Predator' set up without the AVP redesigns getting in the way. Mcfarlane did it awhile back but using the Alien model instead of the warrior model. I'd love for high end collectibles to take a stab at it. All it takes is having the license for both. Preferably a warrior and jungle predator but I'll take what I can get as long as it's not another AVP piece. Just give me a gimpy P1/P2 predator and a tubby alien in all their simplified glory, in attack poses, and I consider them a success for XM, on the spot!

BUUUUUUUT I guess just do the usual thing is ok too as long as they don't sideshow it.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote