Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #211
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I'm not sure XM has release the ES yet but they are VERY exclusive with their ES's so I'd expect this unit would be 999. Could be slightly more given the new venture but more than that is unlikely I think.
No, no, no no....I see this ES being very low for how massive and expensive they are. Im expecting the A+ characters like Optimus, Megatron, Starscream and Bumblebee will be at the high end of the ES (hopefully around 500 - 600 or less). TF is very popular, but these are very expensive, big, and special. I'm thinking (hoping)...a lower, rarer ES of 500 for the mainstay TFs.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #212
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by hordeall View Post
Also I've noticed XM statues seem to go for less on ebay after they are released unless they are grail-ish like ghost rider / magneto (factoring in the high preorder shipping costs).

Due to such high shipping costs etc wouldn't this guy be cheaper to buy after release down the road more than likely?
Optimus is grailish...and I am betting the ES will be < 999 which should help rarity. Considering how expensive these are...XM would be rather foolish to have too high an ES. But...the market will eventually help mold the ES.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:48 AM   #213
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
No, no, no no....I see this ES being very low for how massive and expensive they are. Im expecting the A+ characters like Optimus, Megatron, Starscream and Bumblebee will be at the high end of the ES (hopefully around 500 - 600 or less). TF is very popular, but these are very expensive, big, and special. I'm thinking (hoping)...a lower, rarer ES of 500 for the mainstay TFs.
Ok that's interesting. Would be really cool that being the case.... as long as I can get one!
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:13 PM   #214
KELPIE
New Republic

Outside the big 5 (Prime, Megs, Soundwave, Starscream and Bee) I can see ES as low as 300.

Personally the big 5 are on my least want list even though I'll certainly be getting them, There's just soo much product for them.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:52 PM   #215
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

New to the hobby but I would love to get this one. How do you buy statues they don't sell in the US? Other than ebay, that is. Apologies if this has been addressed a million times over. New to the forum as well.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:33 AM   #216
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
New to the hobby but I would love to get this one. How do you buy statues they don't sell in the US? Other than ebay, that is. Apologies if this has been addressed a million times over. New to the forum as well.
Find a connection in Singapore or someone who is a flipper that will charge you a middle man fee. Usually the price isn't crazy expensive it's the shipping costs that kinda make it a hard pill to swallow when buying an XM piece.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:40 AM   #217
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Sounds like a flipper or middle man is the way to go, thanks!
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:11 AM   #218
built2shred
Phoenix

The shipping is going to cost as much as the statue.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:52 PM   #219
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
Find a connection in Singapore or someone who is a flipper that will charge you a middle man fee. Usually the price isn't crazy expensive it's the shipping costs that kinda make it a hard pill to swallow when buying an XM piece.
The shipping costs on this is why I think XM will have a lower ES than usual. I have heard how big and heavy Optimus is....like don't be surprised if this statue weighs in at 100lbs. I'm not kidding.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:39 PM   #220
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The shipping costs on this is why I think XM will have a lower ES than usual. I have heard how big and heavy Optimus is....like don't be surprised if this statue weighs in at 100lbs. I'm not kidding.
Scary to even think about that. I'll hold back on posting my true thoughts on this piece . . . but lets just say, this guy will be very special.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote