Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-24-2017, 11:19 AM   #11
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Would love to see Prime 1 take a stab at a diorama. Maybe Gambit and Rogue tag teaming Mr. Sinister or Juggernaut. Or Wolverine and Jean Grey against Juggernaut, Omega Red or Magneto.

Possibilities are endless.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:37 AM   #12
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
That's because it usually takes about 1.5-2.5 years from when a company gets a license before you will see statues based on that license.
not sure why they even bother than, if that is the case. I do know other companies have a much faster turn around in at least previewing a statue compared to Prime One.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:40 AM   #13
Barbarian
Jedi Order

If ever we could get a stab at owning a fine P1 brown Wolvie, I could die a happy MFr.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #14
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
not sure why they even bother than, if that is the case. I do know other companies have a much faster turn around in at least previewing a statue compared to Prime One.
It's the same for other companies as well whether it's Prime 1, XM, Sideshow, etc. The companies that seem like they have a fast turnaround have had the license for awhile, they just don't tell you about it right away. Other companies don't really do polls like what Prime 1 did, that's why people think it takes longer. If Prime 1 waited like the other companies to tell people about newly acquired licenses, they would seem like they have a fast turnaround too. As an example, I believe XM got the DC license (not the Rising Sun license but actual DC products) about a year ago if I recall and we're still waiting for info on that.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #15
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
If ever we could get a stab at owning a fine P1 brown Wolvie, I could die a happy MFr.
An Old Man Logan down the road would be stellar too.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:24 PM   #16
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
It's the same for other companies as well whether it's Prime 1, XM, Sideshow, etc. The companies that seem like they have a fast turnaround have had the license for awhile, they just don't tell you about it right away. Other companies don't really do polls like what Prime 1 did, that's why people think it takes longer. If Prime 1 waited like the other companies to tell people about newly acquired licenses, they would seem like they have a fast turnaround too. As an example, I believe XM got the DC license (not the Rising Sun license but actual DC products) about a year ago if I recall and we're still waiting for info on that.
I like a nice way-in-advance heads up as to what is on the way. Makes planning far easier when you know what's coming. I hate being unprepared for big surprises.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
An Old Man Logan down the road would be stellar too.
Absolutely.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:36 PM   #17
SONICobra
Batman

archangel
beast
domino
x-23
cable
old man logan
mr sinister
omega red
apocalypse
juggernaut...

i have a feeling sideshows magneto is going to be special so i left him off this list
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #18
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
The only thing Prime 1 manages to do with these informal polls is kill any and all momentum for the licences they create in the first place. It was almost a year ago [April 17, 2016] when Kelvin Loke asked this question....

"Hey guys, Xciting question time. If Prime1 is doing Xmen, what are first 3 characters that you want made?"

And until Prime 1 employee Bruno Zorsi came out yesterday and actually confirmed the existence of an X-men licence I believe most people no longer thought it was happening, or didn't care. And I do think most of us can survive without these meaningless polls because the chances of Prime 1 basing the first three characters on an informal poll on Facebook in which a hundred or so people participated are 0%. The only purpose of these polls is to hype up a potential licence.......which Prime 1 promptly pisses away when we go almost a year without a single word on that licence. I think Prime 1 does an incredible job when it comes to producing 1st class collectible statues, but overall I really think they need to work on the promoting of their new licences, and communicating with their fan base.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:54 PM   #19
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
The only thing Prime 1 manages to do with these informal polls is kill any and all momentum for the licences they create in the first place. It was almost a year ago [April 17, 2016] when Kelvin Loke asked this question....

"Hey guys, Xciting question time. If Prime1 is doing Xmen, what are first 3 characters that you want made?"

And until Prime 1 employee Bruno Zorsi came out yesterday and actually confirmed the existence of an X-men licence I believe most people no longer thought it was happening, or didn't care. And I do think most of us can survive without these meaningless polls because the chances of Prime 1 basing the first three characters on an informal poll on Facebook in which a hundred or so people participated are 0%. The only purpose of these polls is to hype up a potential licence.......which Prime 1 promptly pisses away when we go almost a year without a single word on that licence. I think Prime 1 does an incredible job when it comes to producing 1st class collectible statues, but overall they do a terrible job of promoting their new licences and communicating with their fan base.
I don't have a problem with the polls but I can see what you are saying. Personally, I think it's an interesting way to discuss a potential license.

I will disagree with you on the communication part though. I think they do a fantastic job communicating with their fan base. Other than maybe XM, their communication with their fanbase is certainly the best that I've seen from a licensed statue manufacturer. Their willingness to listen and communicate with their fanbase puts them at the top for me.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:20 PM   #20
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
I don't have a problem with the polls but I can see what you are saying. Personally, I think it's an interesting way to discuss a potential license.

I will disagree with you on the communication part though. I think they do a fantastic job communicating with their fan base. Other than maybe XM, their communication with their fanbase is certainly the best that I've seen from a licensed statue manufacturer. Their willingness to listen and communicate with their fanbase puts them at the top for me.
I tried contacting Prime 1 and Prime 1 employee John Pham 5 times last week and never heard back from them once. Many other people here and on Facebook, have also attempted contacting them concerning licensing clarifications, never to hear back from them. And the only reason Bruno showed up yesterday on Facebook to clear things up was because of the lack of information and people starting to question Prime 1 as to whether or not they even had these licences. Now if Prime 1 announcing a licence some 49 weeks ago and never mentioning it again, with collectors still not knowing to this day whether that licence is for 1/4 or 1/3 scale statues is your idea of company with great communication skills then your definition definitely differs from mine.
As for the company with the best communications I have ever seen, that honor hands down, belongs to Weta. Not only did they create a forum for their fan base, multiple Weta employees are active participants on that forum. And there is a 100% guarantee that if LOTR fans on that forum want a particular character or environment produced, Weta will produce it.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote